Discuss Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Chris101

So my Victorian pathway should have been completed over 5 weeks ago!
The job started literally 5 weeks back but it has been stop start due to the tiler only working in dry conditions and above 5c (he has also not attended twice due to an accident on his thumb and a funeral).

Anyhow the main issue which has caused at least 5 days extra work has been down to, according to our tiler, someone stepping on the pathway.
We live in a terraced house and yes there had been a couple of cases where the post man stepped into the pathway and supposedly someone else stepped onto it.

Surely he should be able to board it up or provide a way that no one can accidentally step on the pathway!?
The only entrance to and from the house is via the pathway however once you enter the front part of the path way there is room on the left of the path way to skip the remainder of the pathway until around 2feet from the door.

Any suggestions I can give my tiler on how to protect the pathway while it is being tiled?

Thanks

IMG-20160505-WA0008.jpg

O

Old Mod

If there is a way, people will stand on a wet floor.
Doesn't matter how many barricades u erect, people still ignore it.
Its wet paint syndrome.
The only way to protect your floor is to build a bridge across it,
Or by using these.
image.png

Kwik Split Tilers Shoes

The only other advice is give is, but a sponge! :rolleyes:
Floors a mess! :)

T

Time's Ran Out

The whole job is only 3 days work to tile maximum.
It doesn't look like he's having much fun with it, the bit of border is premature and although a poor picture, it looks a bit wonky.
Hope it turns out better than it looks just now.

O

Old Mod

The whole job is only 3 days work to tile maximum.
It doesn't look like he's having much fun with it, the bit of border is premature and although a poor picture, it looks a bit wonky.
Hope it turns out better than it looks just now.
If u click image john. It should take u to original.

T

Time's Ran Out

Original what?
Just a bigger picture of a cr*p job.
But perhaps I'am missing something.

L

LM

So my Victorian pathway should have been completed over 5 weeks ago!
The job started literally 5 weeks back but it has been stop start due to the tiler only working in dry conditions and above 5c (he has also not attended twice due to an accident on his thumb and a funeral).

Anyhow the main issue which has caused at least 5 days extra work has been down to, according to our tiler, someone stepping on the pathway.
We live in a terraced house and yes there had been a couple of cases where the post man stepped into the pathway and supposedly someone else stepped onto it.

Surely he should be able to board it up or provide a way that no one can accidentally step on the pathway!?
The only entrance to and from the house is via the pathway however once you enter the front part of the path way there is room on the left of the path way to skip the remainder of the pathway until around 2feet from the door.

Any suggestions I can give my tiler on how to protect the pathway while it is being tiled?

Thanks

View attachment 81549
There's no way the guy doing that is a full time professional tiler, handy man chancing his arm at best

C

Chris101

Here are a few more pics.
Just realised there are 2 tiles in the path that are sticking out by 2-3mm!
He did mentioned some tiles are uneven so naturally not all will be compeltley flush but 2-3mm is allot!

20160512_222931.jpg 20160512_222924.jpg 20160512_222920.jpg 20160512_222900.jpg

Reply to Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks