Discuss Victorian Path prep question in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Evening all

I have a small path to tile
(about 3.5m2) that I need to prep before tiling. Basically I need to smooth it out as the finish is a bit rough on top for the tile that I'll be using and it will look wavey. It also dives in around the edge by a fair bit say 6-8mm where they've used a finishing trowel so need to bring this up to as close as perfectly smooth as I have a border tile.
It's the oxford pattern with a Byron border in case anyone's interested.

My thinking was to shutter it off at a depth that I'm unsure of and drag a smoothing compound down the path? Then ditra mat it?

I'm on the forum most days but rarely post so I know I'm in the best place for advice on this

Thanks in advance

Danny Smith

IMG_6750.JPG IMG_6752.JPG

H

hmtiling

Shutter or foam the edges, use a exterior grade leveller like ardex k301 or bal acrybase and tile. you should be achieving solid bed with a flat substrate and that size tile without difficulty.

Reply to Victorian Path prep question in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks