Discuss Victorian flooring alternatives in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

im doing our hallway at home and I'm on the look out for some more affordable alternative of the Victorian flooring by the likes of London mosaics or origional style, to suit out Victorian propperty. to cover the 4m with those tiles it about £1500.
Any ideas? I don't want those terrible topps tiles fake patern ones. im open to a modern take, geometric

T

Tile Shop

Olde English are very expensive, but not quite as expensive as original style. But then again, depends on the pattern you want to go for. even the plain unglazed 100x100 and 150x150 will still swipe £70-£100 from your wallet for every metre, as the price varies for the colour. Then gets more ridiculous depending on the intricacy of the pattern.

A slightly more affordable route is Armatile. They do a couple of ranges on a mesh, but you won't get the same satisfaction of completing a victorian floor and you are also limited on the colours and designs available. You can buy direct from them, but for the designs, you'll still be hit for around £130m2, unless you plead, beg and give them a sob story about a dead puppy, to see if you can get a good trade discount. Borders are on a mesh too but still look pretty effective.

Victorian Tiles | Armatile - http://www.armatile.com/categories/813/0/victorian-tiles.aspx?expandable=0

F

Flintstone

Ile check out the arma tile,
Timeless John, cut them all from standard 4inch square tiles? That sounds like a big task!

I've just measured up and it's actually 5.5 sq

F

Flintstone

image.jpeg

F

Flintstone

Wickle mans website is a pain to navigate, not got any prices on either! The other one mosaic supplies, is priced on weight which is strange! Some potential there

F

Flintstone

Wicklemans eBay link looks promising, the cheaper ones are the 5mm thick ones stead of 9mm, about half the price, does anyone know if the thickness really matters ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Victorian flooring alternatives in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks