Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Vario pro in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Been asked to tile a floor, 20m over a sand and cement screed that's literally not been laid yet and they don't want to wait for 100+ days
Has anyone used vario pro over a screed in this situation? I know they say you can do it, I was recommended using tilemaster ultimate, any more thoughts?

OP
F

Flintstone

If the moisture escapes around the perimeter, do you need to leave the skirting boards off etc for a certain amount of time ?

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I never wait more then 2-3 days to tile onto screed.In Italy is common practice to do the screed by tiler,in this way no excuses if is not flat.I can't see the reason for wait to dry if you fix tile.For wood is another discussion but not for tiles.
IMO better if is not fully dry,in this way is more strong.

Last edited:

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think at method to tile fixed directly on screed,all Lidl is done in this way and is nice and strong floor.Couple of years ago we use to replace tiles in Asda,Tesco,Morrison but never Lidl,no fails there.

OP
F

Flintstone

the main issue here is electric under floor heating, you wouldn't want to be sticking insulation boards over a wet screed surely

OP
S

Spare Tool

the main issue here is electric under floor heating, you wouldn't want to be sticking insulation boards over a wet screed surely
Long as the boards are waterproof and all joints tapped I can't see a problem, all your doing is creating a vapour barrier, leave 15mil round perimeter and fix boards with TM ultimate.
Never fitted Vario pro so no idea on that..

OP
F

Flintstone

im not sure it's suitable for pouring slc over tho Andy and I'm not one for tile straight to wires, I thought vario pro would be the ideal here. What I would like to know is if the vario pro matting has any insulating properties as it's a big old bit of screed to suck up the warmth if not

OP
S

Spare Tool

Like I say don't know about the vario, I wouldn't tile directly over the wires either, but you could fix 3 strips of ins board round perimeter and stop the leveler, or would it really matter, moisture will still escape.

Reaction score
The 'vario pro' mat still requires insulation underneath it. The mat its offers very little in the way of insulation.

Last edited:
OP
F

Flintstone

So what's the best way to do what I'm wanting to do? Is it ok to lay insulation boards with ultimate, they lay vario pro and tile with seta flex on the screed after a week or two

Reply to Vario pro in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock