Discuss Van roof tube in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GoneGuy

not sure right place to post this?
I'm looking to make a roof tube but to place it inside my Renault trafic as I don't want the undesirables constantly breaking into a roof mounted tube expecting copper tubes to be in there.
I was thinking of using 40mm waste pipe screwed to the ceiling using brackets.
Reason I don't want to use 110mm is that it would be too big and bang my head, plus I will prob carry max 4-5 tile trims.
Has anyone tried fitting one this way? I know I will prob have to cut a hole
In the bulkhead.

G

GoneGuy

Fair point, might be worth thinking.
Thought it might look a bit neater stored inside.

Reaction score
Fair point, might be worth thinking.
Thought it might look a bit neater stored inside.

My mate has got a traffic and has a bit of drain pipe inside the van for trims. He's had to put it in diagonally from left back door to front right of bulk head. That way he hasn't had to cut bulk head.
Hope this helps

G

GoneGuy

My mate has got a traffic and has a bit of drain pipe inside the van for trims. He's had to put it in diagonally from left back door to front right of bulk head. That way he hasn't had to cut bulk head.
Hope this helps
I'm not too bothered about cutting the bulkhead, not sure if would be best to put it on the floor or underside of the roof

O

Old Mod

Surely the idea of a bulkhead is to prevent anything coming from behind and taking either the windshield out, or indeed you!
End cap or not, wrong time, wrong day, perfect set of circumstances, and the very least you'll have to contend with is a shattered windscreen.
Their strength is from the front, NOT the back!
Ask anyone who's punched one or two! :D:D

Reaction score
Had Rhino tubes on roof (with locks) for the last 7 years with no break ins, and I work a lot in Bristol which was the capital of vehicle break-ins. That's not to say it will never happen, but it's very rare.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I bought a lockable tube off ebay, van vault I think, £100 2.5mtere, spot on, locks both ends. wanted rino but couldn't find one at that length.

Reply to Van roof tube in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks