Discuss Update: Removed some of the banners from usernames in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
To make the threads less cluttered, I've removed some of the banners from usernames. Note that I have NOT removed any members from any of the usergroups they were in, just some of the banners.

So now, if I've done it correctly, you will all have just the one banner near your name, and it'll be the banner with the highest level. So the levels/banners go as follows....

• Registered Users in now group = No banner
  • TilersForums Arms = Red Banner
  • Trusted Advisor = Green Banner
  • Company Support = Blue Banner
  • JOTM & JOTY = Yellow & Orange Banners respectively
  • Sponsors = Light Green Banner with Purple Username
  • Staff = Grey Banner
The Top Poster Of the Month banner will be applied to the top poster on top of this. And I have my 'Not a Tiler' banner along with my staff banner. Other staff will have their Trusted Advisor tag along with their Staff Banner.

If you've won JOTM you'll get that banner only. If you've won JOTY you'll get that banner only. Could perhaps maybe do with showing if they're trusted advisors or just tilersforums arms too. But I didn't have time t configure it. So let's roll with it as it is and see how we get on.

When I switched the sparky forum over to this software we use here, I did this, and people quickly got used to it. Threads are much tidier now IMO. Especially on mobile and small devices where it did look a bit cluttered.

Upvote 0

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Can I have a black banner, maybe with some yellow in it
batman-symbol-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg
please? No reason, just think it'll look kinda badass.
Rich Midge (Badass Tiler)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand it's a numbers game, but the regulars who provide the ongoing advice have been supporting the forum for a considerable length of time. It gives a sense of achievement to be recognised by your peers be it for standard of work, number of posts, or quality of advice. For the unregistered readers it may not be of any importance (other than being able to trust advice provided) but to those posting it is a small reward for the time committed to making it a forum of interest.
Just my take on the discussion.
The trusted is the only one hard earned. And of course JOTM.

Im not up for having any more than that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just click it if you see some red there somewhere that isn't a hat. Lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It does explain in the first post. If I started as a trusted before staff I'd just have staff but I'm not a tiler and all the others are trusted. So it needed to be clear.

Reply to Update: Removed some of the banners from usernames in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks