Discuss Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

......so a few weeks before Christmas @GaryTheTiler invited me to embark on a little project with him.
All I really new initially was that it was a job in Hampstead North London, Gary met me at the tube station and drove the rest of the way.
Wasn't far actually, about 500m haha but it is up a very steep hill, so I didn't feel like a fraud. :rolleyes:
Sorry I digress! Hahahaha :D

So the job, approx 220m of Bookmatch Porcel-Thin over two corridors part of a stair well and around a lift shaft.
Not forgetting 7 flights of stairs and 13 landings and half landings, stringers, skirtings and a 3m high bulkhead! Simples! :)
After a couple more site visits we were starting to get a feel for what was to become a pretty technical project, but one which would be pretty dammed impressive if we pulled it off.

Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets​

Incidently, there's also another 3 lift surrounds plus a couple of walls in another 1200x600 regular 12mm porc to add to the above list.
The project was projected to start mid to late Feb, in actual fact it started mid March.

So as to get a feel for the job and what it might entail, between Christmas and New year I constructed a small 1/10th scale model of the ground floor stairwell and a couple of flights of stairs.
Anal? Perhaps!:rolleyes:
But it instantly highlighted problems we would face.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

It's late more tomorrow! ............

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

No nap time..?
When Andy, Christmas? Haha always!
And anyhow, stop trying to make this another thread that's all about you! Hehe ;)
It's all about ME I tell u!
.....oh and @GaryTheTiler ! Hehe
.....oh yeah and I spose @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin will feature somewhere or other, oh and a mention in dispatches goes to Brian, a guy that's worked with both Gary and Ray for many years and doesn't do Forums.
So he won't read this anyway! Haha (he's moved on now, at least for the time being)
Oh ok so it's not JUST about me! :rolleyes:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And anyhow, stop trying to make this another thread that's all about you! Hehe ;)
.....oh yeah and I spose @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin will feature somewhere or other, oh and a mention in dispatches goes to Brian, a guy that's worked with both Gary and Ray for many years and doesn't do Forums.
So he won't read this anyway! Haha (he's moved on now, at least for the time being)
Sounds like your Oscar speech.!!...anyone you want to mention..lol

I

Italy

......so a few weeks before Christmas @GaryTheTiler invited me to embark on a little project with him.
All I really new initially was that it was a job in Hampstead North London, Gary met me at the tube station and drove the rest of the way.
Wasn't far actually, about 500m haha but it is up a very steep hill, so I didn't feel like a fraud. :rolleyes:
Sorry I digress! Hahahaha :D

So the job, approx 220m of Bookmatch Porcel-Thin over two corridors part of a stair well and around a lift shaft.
Not forgetting 7 flights of stairs and 13 landings and half landings, stringers, skirtings and a 3m high bulkhead! Simples! :)
After a couple more site visits we were starting to get a feel for what was to become a pretty technical project, but one which would be pretty dammed impressive if we pulled it off.
Incidently, there's also another 3 lift surrounds plus a couple of walls in another 1200x600 regular 12mm porc to add to the above list.
The project was projected to start mid to late Feb, in actual fact it started mid March.

So as to get a feel for the job and what it might entail, between Christmas and New year I constructed a small 1/10th scale model of the ground floor stairwell and a couple of flights of stairs.
Anal? Perhaps!:rolleyes:
But it instantly highlighted problems we would face.
View attachment 80937 View attachment 80938 View attachment 80939 View attachment 80940 View attachment 80941 View attachment 80942

It's late more tomorrow! ............
It looks familiar

I

Italy

I nothing?.
I had to put up with for months.
ungrateful.:oops::oops::oops:

Reply to Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks