Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Underfloor Heating In Wetroom Showerscreen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Craig Hamilton

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi just wondering if u can run underfloor heating under a shower screen I know u can't put it under cabinets, toilets ect but wasn't sure about a shower screen thanks in advance guys
craig

OP
H

hmtiling

It can go under anything as long as it's not drilled through and is covered with slc/https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and tiles.

OP
H

hmtiling

be careful how close you go to the trap and what watt per m2 is compatible with the tanking.

OP
C

Craig Hamilton

The closest I have went to the trap is 40mm is that to close? Thanks for the help guys

OP
H

hmtiling

It's different for different systems. 40mm does seem a little close to me, but check with the manufacturer.

OP
H

hmtiling

150mm springs to mind but not sure. I'd check with the supplier to be safe and not void any guarantees

OP
C

Craig Hamilton

Wow that a fair distance my tiler is coming tomorrow so I better try and sort it quickly is it the trap manufacturer I should check with is this because the heat can damage the plastic?

OP
H

hmtiling

I don't think it would damage the plastic. I think it may be to do with heating cooling round the seal/grout at the trap. I'd try whoever you got the wetroom kit from first and if they don't know try the manufacturer of the trap. Good luck

OP
C

Craig Hamilton

I don't think it would damage the plastic. I think it may be to do with heating cooling round the seal/grout at the trap. I'd try whoever you got the wetroom kit from first and if they don't know try the manufacturer of the trap. Good luck

thanks hm called the manufacturer and you were right 150mm thank you so much I managed to move it about 130mm so I'm happier with that I will replace the seal annually :)

Reply to Underfloor Heating In Wetroom Showerscreen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock