Discuss Underfloor Heating Advice in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Iain Maclean

I have a job approx 20 sq metres of limestone and customer wants underfloor heat mat builder using chipboard /caber flooring then plywood I was going to self level then use ditra but have seen new ditra heat advertised online but heard it expensive seems you just set in heat cable as per instructions and then tile so no need to level etc any thoughts on best way to set out job and has anyone used this system and idea of price thanks Iain

P

p4ulo

Best to ditch the plywood, and go with Hardie backer, then at least a 6mm insulation board, then wires, Slc and tile.

S

SJPurdy

Can you give more details about the floor; what is the chipboard being fixed to eg joists, spacing, upstairs, ground floor etc.. I'm cautious because I don't think most builders have checked the requirements for a tiled wood floor let alone a stone and/or heated one.

give it more time and someone will have an opinion about the Ditra heat.

Also check the Hardiebacker web site because I think they now have a product which is fixed directly to the joists rather than chipboard first.

Insulation is to be recommended as heat change response will be quicker and why heat below the floor?
10mm Wedi board (which is insulating) is also applicable as a tile backer board for overlaying wood floors.

Stone and heated so decoupling also recommended/needed

I

Iain Maclean

Can you give more details about the floor; what is the chipboard being fixed to eg joists, spacing, upstairs, ground floor etc.. I'm cautious because I don't think most builders have checked the requirements for a tiled wood floor let alone a stone and/or heated one.

give it more time and someone will have an opinion about the Ditra heat.

Also check the Hardiebacker web site because I think they now have a product which is fixed directly to the joists rather than chipboard first.

Insulation is to be recommended as heat change response will be quicker and why heat below the floor?
10mm Wedi board (which is insulating) is also applicable as a tile backer board for overlaying wood floors.

Stone and heated so decoupling also recommended/needed
Thanks will have a look at that

I

Iain Maclean

Cheers guys interested in the new ditra heat system going to give them a call on Monday let you know how've get on Iain

I

Iain Maclean

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cheers guys interested in the new ditra heat system going to give them a call on Monday let you know how've get on Iain
Hi guys just an update on limestone floor
I put down Hardie backer boards glued and screwed then insulation boards then the Ditra heat system which I found pretty easy to use did noticed used bit more adhesive image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reply to Underfloor Heating Advice in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks