Discuss UK Tiling Courses. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mike32

Hi all,
Just a quick question to see if anyone has attended a course at 'UK Tiling Courses' in Swindon?
Have checked the course review section but nothing on there. I live in Bristol and it seems that the south west has hardly any tile training centres compared to the rest of the uk!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

faithhealer

Hi Mike, what are your aims after a 'course'. Go and check this course out, ask loads of questions and give us some feedback.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We had a couple of guys do the course some time ago but I've not heard much of them for that long I thought they shut down to be honest.

There are a few within driving distance I'm sure, www.diamondtrainingcentre.co.uk has a pretty good rep and is not tooooooo far from you?

Though do check the place out and report back to us if you fancy that one, and it is still going.

M

mike32

Cheers for the reply guys.
The Diamond training centre is pretty far from me, same as all the other recommended training centres!
I see there is a BAL 5 day course in Bristol but i'm looking for a 4 -8 week course.
I work with a mate at the moment who is a general builder but he hardly has any work (expects work to come to him), and have done a couple of tiling jobs on my own, but i would like to start out on my own sometime and not rely on him for work.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, you don't get to hear about anything BUT BAL on a BAL course and I think the savvy tiler needs to know a lot more. Plus from memory (I did a BAL course many moons ago) they don't do anything on the business-side of it, and I think that's pretty important in these tough times right now.

K

kgbviktor

Hi all,
Just a quick question to see if anyone has attended a course at 'UK Tiling Courses' in Swindon?
Have checked the course review section but nothing on there. I live in Bristol and it seems that the south west has hardly any tile training centres compared to the rest of the uk!
Hi Mate,
I think you might have too travel a bit to get a decent course,why waste your time/money on a course that might be close too you only to find that its crap.In theses hard times,you need a good course for starters!!!!

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi Mike,

We have got a deal with free accommodation Mon - Thurs, available on our 6 week course that would save you traveling time and money.

We cover all aspects of the trade, especially the business start up in depth.

For more information give Zoe a call at the centre on 01903 739 407.

It will be worth traveling, we have people attending our courses from all over Scotland, Wales, Newcastle, Spain, Greece the list goes on.

Good luck :thumbsup:

M

mike32

Hi Danny,
Do you have to have previous tiling knowledge to get on the 6 week course at Diamond? I have done a couple of jobs but nothing major, so i'm still classed as a beginner.

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi Danny,
Do you have to have previous tiling knowledge to get on the 6 week course at Diamond? I have done a couple of jobs but nothing major, so i'm still classed as a beginner.

Hi Mike,

No this course is designed to turn a complete novice who knows absolutely nothing about tiling into a skilled tiler.

Everything is covered in this course.

Please give me a call on 01903 739 407 to discuss your requirements.

T

TJ Smiler

Mike, if you have done a couple of bathrooms already then you will probably find that you have more experience than most of the others on the course.

KGB Has got it right dont waste your time doing a local one if it don't sound good enough for you, i ain't done the course at Diamond and i don't know Danny so don't quote me on this but if the guy can take the time out to answer your questions on here then that seems like a pretty good place to start.

Good luck mate

TJ

M

mike32

Hi TJ,
Cheers for the advice, i have been seriously considering the diamond course for the past few days. If i do end up going on the diamond course i will do the 6 week course as i wanna learn as much as possible, it's just a case of having the bottle to go through with paying a large sum of money out then hoping everything works out after.

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi Mike,

I think all potential students experience the same feelings as you before enrolling onto a course.

We have an extremely high success rate with students embarking on new careers and starting new successful businesses.

From day one of the course you will see a massive progression in your abilities and you will also have many different sessions on how to start and run a business and how to start to build up a good client base.

I started off in the trade myself and then progressed onto running training centres and eventually starting up my own.

Whatever trade you are in the same skills apply with regards to customer care / marketing / accounts / self employment / tax liabilities / tendering for work and new contracts / networking etc.

Many of our students on longer courses will start placing adverts and alike before their training has finished, so that when leave the course they already have jobs lined up.

We Pride ourselves on providing high quality training and the tutors here at Diamond Training are all qualified and have many years experience in delivering practical based training at these standards.

All the best :thumbsup:

M

mike32

Well i have been thinking about it for months now and as i'm hardly working at the moment it might be the best time to do a course. I can see a big decision being made over the bank holiday weekend!

Thanks for all your advice guys.

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi Mike,

Please give Zoe a call at the centre on 01903 739 407, we have some new students starting on Monday and would be a very good time for you to enroll on the 6 week course as all of the students are on 6 week courses meaning you will be with the same group of people and the next course date for the 6 week course is 8th June.

Please don't feel pressured just wanted to give you the options.

All the best :thumbsup:

Reply to UK Tiling Courses. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks