Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Look at the standard of technical tile work here, week two at UK Pro tile Training, putting everything learned on week 1 exercises into practice, this job completed in 4 days on the course. James with no prior tile experience before the course.

Thinking of doing tile training then just compare what we deliver in a short time with any other training centre and see why people travel from all over the UK for our fast track professional tile training.

Visit www.tiling-courses.co.uk
15137651_1417379431637561_2795518130212960854_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Have you tried your trainees with an 800x800 on a bumpy asphalt floor and what they need to do?
Why - after 44 years I've never been faced with that! Always going to be something different to face that's what makes this trade so exciting. I'am sure someone on this forum will help me when your scenario crops up - I can read!

O

One Day

I've never been on any such courses. It's easy for us with years under our belts to deride paid-for training but i think anything which gets you hands-on with tiles and tools is worth considering. especially if they have a good reputation and good feedback.

O

One Day

Going on the course in January is it worth it ?
Try bal for training too. Shorter, more focused courses. I trained (and still do) with bal. In my experience there's nobody offering more for your time and money than bal.

OP
UKTT Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi we run the most advanced short tile course in the UK, The question above is valid but more of a cheap shot at short courses, it is impossible to replicate every surface or situation practically, is the next question going to be "do you mechanically fix tiles above 3 metres in the training centre?

As for the answer to the question though we cover 600 x 600 polished floor tile installation practically, dealing with defects and uneven floors and part of the 50 page pre typed up manual that i have wrote up for them and give out which covers every possible background you can tile on and how to prepare it including asphalt stabilisation techniques and decoupling membrane use on them right up to calcium sulphate (anhydrite) screeded floors and how to deal with Laitance formations when it cures.

The background theory we go through is at NVQ level 3 which goes right into depth of weight ratios, ettringite chemical reactions between Gypsum based surfaces and cement adhesives, Acrylic primers and how they bond and why they are better than PVAs.

We cover advanced setting out on multiple rooms and walls so every cut is worked out before the first tile goes on, 3 way external mitres at kitchen windows and pipework boxes, the list goes on. So we are not just about sticking tiles on a wall which is why i take them up to the bespoke levels you see in the pictures, all this work is hand made and hand cut out of square tile, all this is covered in two weeks. We also cover wet room installation and envelope cutting of the tile to form the gradients in the aqua trays along with the various tanking systems on the market.

I am not knocking the BAL courses but you will find it hard find a better course than i run which i have done so for the last 13 years. The mountains of positive feedback all over the web confirms what i have said and the 25 pages of feedback on this site alone.

I never proclaim to make people master tilers in two weeks but what you will get from us is by a million miles the best start you could get into this industry, measuring areas and quantifying correct materials. However the standard of work you see done by the learners on my course would put many so called tilers to shame.

I understand there is a lot of good tilers out there doing great work but also some right dodgy ones that could do with some guidance of how to do the job correctly.

Most people come to my course with no prior experience of holding a tile never mind applying them and just look at the work they produce above and below in the end. Some more pics of the course.

Darren

20161123_133834.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

1 years after your course how many are tile full time .how do you support them after the course to get work .how offtern do you go out on site to see there progress .how many tilers do you call to get them to work with free of charge after you course to see how it realy is

OP
UKTT Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I thought i made myself clear before about what we do and the intensity and level of training i deliver but obviously not as there is always someone else to have a go. I offer a full backup aftercare service as the people i have trained will know, they can ring me, email, contact me in anyway any time after they have left and they will have a lightning response to their question.

I train people from all over the UK, Europe and as far as Australia so going visiting them all after they have finished is unrealistic as for calling tilers to see if they will take someone free of charge well this is totally unrealistic as well, we are not just training the odd person and like i said people travel from all over the place to come to my training. Even if i was to spend hours ringing around trying to find a tiler to take just 1 person on free, how good is that tiler, i stated before there are a lot of people tile out there doing great work but also very substandard work so would that particular tiler be a good role model. I think not.

I see you do a 1 day course showing people a demonstration of how to deal with your porcelain product only. We are a totally different concept to you, we give people a full understanding of starting a career as a tiler with every background and every different type of tile from there its over them to pave there own way in the world like every other tiler had to, start off and build and learn along the way. My aftercare gives them that bit more confidence where they have someone to trust and talk to if they need it.

What would be the point of this forum if everyone knew everything, i bet there are experienced tilers that have still learned things from some of the topic on here.

I am done wasting my time answering these kind of questions on this post which was only to show what standard from nothing you can get to in a short time on our course. I have made myself quite clear what we teach as a tile training facility. If you don't like short courses then thats your opinion, and if there were none where do you learn this trade, from a tiler that maybe good or not so good, even so, does he have the time to teach you and let you practice on his customers walls, I think not.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I thought i made myself clear before about what we do and the intensity and level of training i deliver but obviously not as there is always someone else to have a go. I offer a full backup aftercare service as the people i have trained will know, they can ring me, email, contact me in anyway any time after they have left and they will have a lightning response to their question.

I train people from all over the UK, Europe and as far as Australia so going visiting them all after they have finished is unrealistic as for calling tilers to see if they will take someone free of charge well this is totally unrealistic as well, we are not just training the odd person and like i said people travel from all over the place to come to my training. Even if i was to spend hours ringing around trying to find a tiler to take just 1 person on free, how good is that tiler, i stated before there are a lot of people tile out there doing great work but also very substandard work so would that particular tiler be a good role model. I think not.

I see you do a 1 day course showing people a demonstration of how to deal with your porcelain product only. We are a totally different concept to you, we give people a full understanding of starting a career as a tiler with every background and every different type of tile from there its over them to pave there own way in the world like every other tiler had to, start off and build and learn along the way. My aftercare gives them that bit more confidence where they have someone to trust and talk to if they need it.

What would be the point of this forum if everyone knew everything, i bet there are experienced tilers that have still learned things from some of the topic on here.

I am done wasting my time answering these kind of questions on this post which was only to show what standard from nothing you can get to in a short time on our course. I have made myself quite clear what we teach as a tile training facility. If you don't like short courses then thats your opinion, and if there were none where do you learn this trade, from a tiler that maybe good or not so good, even so, does he have the time to teach you and let you practice on his customers walls, I think not.
after care is very important i am happy to see you give this the same importance as the training .many dont .you could take an add out in the tsj asking tilers if they would like
a week s free help from a finished trainee .

OP
UKTT Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i personally deliver the training as its my company and the reason we have so much positive feedback is because my students know i am doing everything i can to help them succeed, and support them to the max which is why the course has run successfully over the last 13 years,

I have dealt with a lot of product companies over the years who have wanted to work along my training course as they see it as if they understand the correct products from the start they will use them when they get out in the field, BAL very kindly supplies us with adhesives, Impey and Marmox give us aqua trays to play with, Under floor heating mats, Dural decoupling systems, i don't mind bringing and educating students about these products as it all adds to the weight of the course i deliver, I was showing some of the learners your porcel Thin products and how to cut them only the other day, It was on a you tube video however as i didn't have the actual product to do a live demo

Reply to UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock