Discuss Uheat membrane and cable and tanking and moisture control...? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello guys, quoting a "Bathroom", 20 square metre floor, partly set falls for linear waste and shower area, to contain self contained sauna and seperate hot tub, and 30 metre walls.
Needs electric undertile heating, tanked for wetroom, and the screed is not yet laid, but will be using quick drying solution.
Plan on using Uheat cable and membrane and seperate tanking kits for edges, walls and membrane joints.
Should deal with possible moisture in screed, cabling on falls and waterproofing.
Anyone see any issues apart from Uheat not having any tested solutions to waterproof directly on matting?

O

One Day

I can see lots of potential issues if you're relying on someone else's prep or are you carrying out the things you've described with regards to wet area and falls etc?
Have you looked at ditra heat e and the integration into wet areas? It's brilliant.

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ditra heat so expensive, both are waterproof and moisture controlling membranes.
Sent a scaled drawing of floor and wall elevations, showing tile layout and position of falls in screed.
Once screeded, the rest is down to me.

M

Matt Bott

I wouldn't be so sure ditra heat is waterproof because I don't think you can use sealing band like ditra 25 the sheeting itself is but the joints won't be

W

WetSaw

Screenshot_20170407-074405.png Do they need to update their information or did they not cover that aspect on the course?

M

Matt Bott

Please enclose a picture of how you waterproof ditra heat and which of the products you use I brought this up with them already

O

Old Mod

You only need to tape the joints for waterproofing,
and taping the joints for use on a green screed is not required unless a sensitive stone is being used.

O

Old Mod

Please enclose a picture of how you waterproof ditra heat and which of the products you use I brought this up with them already
You just tape the joints as normal, over the cables, using Kerdi Coll adhesive. Their adhesive IS waterproof.

M

Matt Bott

You only need to tape the joints for waterproofing,
and taping the joints for use on a green screed is not required unless a sensitive stone is being used.
Agreed which is the reason I replied considering he said it was waterproof Marc

Reply to Uheat membrane and cable and tanking and moisture control...? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks