Discuss Trowel talk - Anybody use customised trowels? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

well, it's been a while since I've fitted anything over 600x600, I've been fitting 800x800 recently onto a reasonably flat floor, using the ragni trowel and a back slim I was getting fair coverage but not what I hoped for, adding a back notch with a small trowel helped a lot but it's more time consuming and also makes the tile much heavier to manouver, what's your trowel of choice for these larger tiles to get a good bed and good coverage. Ragni works wonders but it leaves a really thin bed I find.
A 12mm square notch wasn't any better.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This kinda thing any good to you?

Rubi 12mm x 12mm Large Steel trowel 73973 | Buy Rubi Trowels Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/rubi-trowels/225/rubi-12mm-x-12mm-large-steel-trowel-73973

They do a few notch sizes. But the length of them should keep the bed even over long strokes..?

Rubi 20mm x 20mm Large Steel trowel 75962 | Buy Rubi Trowels Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/rubi-trowels/226/rubi-20mm-x-20mm-large-steel-trowel-75962

A 20 x 20mm version.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just done 140m2 of 800 x 800. Used a 12mm square notch and back skimmed. Floor was pretty good and I was happy with the coverage

A

Aston

Marshalltown do a 13mm x 13mm trowel.
I really rate their tiling trowels, slimmer and more rigid than rubis etc. They really work through adhesive well..Only down side is they are carbon steel but apart from that, robust quality trowels..

F

Flintstone

I find with the square notches that the gaps between the notch takes some to close up!
In theory, my 12mm by 6mm trowel should create the same bed as a 12x12

F

Flintstone

Yeah that's what I was about to say Julian, was thinking the ragni principle but on a bigger scale, 8 x 20 or something like that.
Do you carry custom trowels?

Reply to Trowel talk - Anybody use customised trowels? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks