Discuss Trowel for floor mosaic's in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have read about trowels for mosaics on walls, around 3/4mm but wondering if this this still applies when using mosaics on the floor. The tiles I got are 5mm thick (see photo). Thanks.

IMG_4972.PNG

Q

Qwerty

Yes, same applies. You should be fine with a 3/4 mm depending on the substrate. Any thicker and the adhesive will push through the grout joints

M

MTiler

As with walls the floor must be flat.
With hexagonal mosaics you need to be careful getting rid of any excess adhesive around the awkward shape of the mosaics on exposed edges, if you dont clean it away properly itll dry and youll end up with lipping. Theyre a bit of a pain.

Reply to Trowel for floor mosaic's in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks