Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Travertine tiles with lots of holes... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi- I have a kitchen floor where the travertine has developed lots of holes. I need some one local ( Durham) who can clean , & fill the holes & polish the flooring

Anyone recommend any one?

Thanks

OP
D

DHTiling

From this.

sutuzu4u.jpg

To this.

tu2uzumy.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lovely Dave, did you just clean the grout joints or use grout colourant?

OP
B

bugs183

Nice one, looks like new.
Did you just use grout or any filler in the deeper holes??

OP
J

joshtiler

Hi dave saw this and I want to do the same thing for my nan and grandads kitchen floor, my grandad laid it when they moved in (before I was a tiler) and I believe they are a the same tile except for the shape? What I want to know is did you remove any grout from the holes in the travertine? If so how, if not did you just grout over the holes that were filled/part filled with the old grout? I would really like to do this foot them as my grandad knees are not great ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some threads related to cleaning travertine. Not all threads will be current discussion but if you would like to reply with some information, go ahead, it may be valuable to somebody in the future. Tile Cleaning and Tile Restoration Forum

Reply to Travertine tiles with lots of holes... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock