Discuss training next generation in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rebecca Bowden

Hi, just joined so that I can hopefully persuade one or more of you to come and help us teach the next generation of construction professionals. I will post details in the jobs area, but basically we're a charity running a fleet of vehicles that go out and about across Surrey, Berkshire and the wider South East teaching BTEC construction courses to groups of up to 10 young people aged 15-19. Usually our students hate sitting down writing essays and are really pleased when they come to us as they have finally found something they can use their practical skills on. All our tutors work part-time (1-4 days/week) for SATRO so that they can keep doing their self-employed work but also have the sense of achievement of passing on their skills to young people. Check out www.satro.org.uk to find out more.

S

Simon benn Leeds

If you ever venture to the leeds area I'd be more than happy to bring my lads and offer a tutorial, there is not enough incentive and schemes offering construction skills to youths these days.

Good luck.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just joined so that I can hopefully persuade one or more of you to come and help us teach the next generation of construction professionals. I will post details in the jobs area, but basically we're a charity running a fleet of vehicles that go out and about across Surrey, Berkshire and the wider South East teaching BTEC construction courses to groups of up to 10 young people aged 15-19. Usually our students hate sitting down writing essays and are really pleased when they come to us as they have finally found something they can use their practical skills on. All our tutors work part-time (1-4 days/week) for SATRO so that they can keep doing their self-employed work but also have the sense of achievement of passing on their skills to young people. Check out www.satro.org.uk to find out more.
Welcome to the forum! We need more people like you around.

R

Rebecca Bowden

If you ever venture to the leeds area I'd be more than happy to bring my lads and offer a tutorial, there is not enough incentive and schemes offering construction skills to youths these days.

Good luck.
Thank you so much ! :) Surrey, Berkshire & S.London so far - one day I'll find a way to reach further afield! Beccy

W

White Room

Did read in the TSJ that a third of tradesman are over 50 and will leave a vacuum when they retire, some earlier due to health reasons.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well always willing to help out were i can i have time to teach and pass on skills to to the young but no time for ticking boxes for some clown .so if they want to get down and dirty bring them down .i will not hold there hands they will have to do it there selfs

Reply to training next generation in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks