Discuss Topps Tiles Prices.... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

I've just been looking on Topps Tiles website, searching for a tile that I am going to use in the future.
Now I don't buy tiles so I couldn't tell you anything about the tiles value for money wise, but who in their right bloody mind is paying that much for adhesive and grout........good thing I was sitting down!

B

Blunt Tool

Even the staff admit to ripping the customer right off if they are adamant to buy the adhesive and grout aswell as the tiles. They told me they always recommend the dearest one!

T

Time's Ran Out

Even with a trade discount everything is still far more expensive than anywhere else. They are just a retail outlet. Think I bought a sample tile from them once.

O

On one

Trouble is with to topps the holding company (I think it's called mutitile ) buy the product make a profit and then sell to the shops who are expected to make a further profit
Sounds like a similar scenario with the Saint Gobain family of companies.

R

Rookery

Even the staff admit to ripping the customer right off if they are adamant to buy the adhesive and grout aswell as the tiles. They told me they always recommend the dearest one!
They're on commission so its in their interest to sell for as much as possible.

T

Time's Ran Out

Trouble is with to topps the holding company (I think it's called mutitile ) buy the product make a profit and then sell to the shops who are expected to make a further profit
But isn't that called a business - it's up to Joe Public to decide to buy or not.

D

Dumbo

Absolutely . I'm just stating why it's hard to get a good price as the shops don't have a lot of room for manoeuvre. They have told me items are under cost price when I have tried to buy at a certain figure when I know I can buy it for less take toppfix are you telling me that they would pay more to palace chemicals than I would . So when they tell you cost price it is cost to the shop not to topps as a company .

T

Time's Ran Out

Sounds like the outlets are a franchise of Topps.
Same as Fired Earth - any discount comes off their 35%.

O

One Day

pay it, or don't pay it.
with trade business never pay ticket price anyway.
There is always ALWAYS room for negotiation.
If they want your money, they'll accommodate.
Most managers will agree that 15% of something is far better than 40% of nothing.

(and for the record, Topps doesn't get my business)

Reply to Topps Tiles Prices.... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks