Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
L

LM

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Sometimes the spring mechanism on the max handle clogs with dust, so with each cut you have to manually flick the breaker down with your finger, a slight pain in the ***, but no big deal which you get used to after a few cuts

OP
I

Italy

Sometimes the spring mechanism on the max handle clogs with dust, so with each cut you have to manually flick the breaker down with your finger, a slight pain in the ***, but no big deal which you get used to after a few cuts
could not. answer first? ahah

OP
O

Old Mod

Cheers @LEE MAC
So klick klock &!Max, two diff series?
Reason I asked was that u said klick klock for breaking tougher tiles and Max for breaking the toughest.
See, told u I got confused easily! Haha

OP
L

LM

Cheers @LEE MAC
So klick klock &!Max, two diff series?
Reason I asked was that u said klick klock for breaking tougher tiles and Max for breaking the toughest.
See, told u I got confused easily! Haha
Klick klock is different than the traditional pull and score in that you 'push' to score, much easier on the wrist on a tile thats hard to score, also the breaking action allows you to successfully break tougher tiles with more control. The max series is the same 'push' to score, but the cutting well is 19mm and on a pond bearing which allows for much easier scoring of rough textured tiles, the breaking foot is also 100mm wide so increases the pressure for the breaking of very hard tiles. Its much slower than pull and score, but can easily and consistently break tiles that the pull handle simply couldn't look at. the klick klock sort of falls in-between these two systems. hope that all make some sort of sense lol

OP
O

Old Mod

I'll read it another 20 times when I'm at home and can concentrate, cheers haha
Alternatively, just bleeding tell me which one to look at getting please. :p

OP
L

LM

Ok, get a 3C3M max with a 10mm bar and then order a 24AE handle and a 24AK handle and you'll then have 1 machine that has interchangeable handles for all scenarios lol. I don't want to start the inevitable, but you won't look back, especially to any OTHER brands of cutters ;)

OP
O

Old Mod

Haha well I'm using 3em at the moment and getting on ok with it, so hence the line of enquiry. :)
Cheers mate appreciate the advice. :thumbsup:

OP
S

Stef

I think the max handle is a lot quicker than any of the pull cutters.
I never ever got on with a pull cut machine & when I tried a max series I thought now that's the cutter for me.
I've never had the foot clog up on me but I keep my cutters clean & use wd40 silicone spray on them & they work as good as new.
I would say if you are used to using a Rubi then I would stick to a max series cutter.
A play about with them for a few days & you will ever look back.

OP
I

Italy

Klick klock is different than the traditional pull and score in that you 'push' to score, much easier on the wrist on a tile thats hard to score, also the breaking action allows you to successfully break tougher tiles with more control. The max series is the same 'push' to score, but the cutting well is 19mm and on a pond bearing which allows for much easier scoring of rough textured tiles, the breaking foot is also 100mm wide so increases the pressure for the breaking of very hard tiles. Its much slower than pull and score, but can easily and consistently break tiles that the pull handle simply couldn't look at. the klick klock sort of falls in-between these two systems. hope that all make some sort of sense lol
alleluia....
good @LEE MAC :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
O

Old Mod

I think the max handle is a lot quicker than any of the pull cutters.
I never ever got on with a pull cut machine & when I tried a max series I thought now that's the cutter for me.
I've never had the foot clog up on me but I keep my cutters clean & use wd40 silicone spray on them & they work as good as new.
I would say if you are used to using a Rubi then I would stick to a max series cutter.
A play about with them for a few days & you will ever look back.
Haha cheers Stef. :thumbsup:
Now I'm no better off cos that's what I'm using now and I am getting on with it! Haha
Oh well, dum de dum de dum! :D

OP
E

ExplodingPudding

This has confirmed for me that you work for topps!

If you look at my first post, I said I did indeed work for Topps. My comment is pretty much repeating what we've been told by the manufacturer and seems to be a big problem with the "it shatters things" arguement. Not much on the clinker though. I think the 630 is still knocking about in a fair few vans!

Reply to Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock