Discuss Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

moomarine

I'm looking at getting a new manual tile cutter and saw the ergo range at topps tiles the other day. I was originally going to get a Rubi but these Ergos look and feel like a good piece of kit. Has any pros here got or used one and if so is it any good?

O

Old Mod

Having never actually entered in to the whole Rubi versus Sigma debate,
Mainly cos I'd never used a Sigma, :D
I actually do now have an opinion! Lucky you
(as in all of you not you moon haha)
I've been using one extensively over last few weeks on my porcel-thin job,
and my next slide cutter will definitely be a Sigma!
Or in the style of! Haha (just in case I find something better in mean time!)
I glanced over one of those machines yday moon, seems robust,
Didn't use it tho.
There's a trade night local to me on Thursday, if I'm not working may go actually try one, but it's only a 50/50 chance I'll be able to make it, may be still working nights.
So I know this post is just a lot of hot air and of no use to you at all! Haha
I just like the sound of my own voice, as others will testify! :p:p

Ps so do u miss being a 'boot neck?' :D:D (No offence) hehe

M

moomarine

Didn't use it tho.
There's a trade night local to me on Thursday, if I'm not working may go actually try one, but it's only a 50/50 chance I'll be able to make it, may be still working nights.

Haha! No I don't miss it at all to be fair! Got medically discharged earlier this year after 12 years served so I was more than ready to get out to the real world! I have been looking out for one of these trade nights and will hopefully go to the next one near me! Are you ex forces then?

O

Old Mod

Are you ex forces then?

We were your keepers! Hahaha
We mothered you and nurtured you,
Then sent u to do the dirty work whilst we were miles away at sea! Hehe
Ex Fleet Air Arm, Radio, Radar & Guided Weapons, HMS Ark Royal, u know the proper one! Haha taken out of comission 1979 just before Falklands.
thinking-023.GIF

M

moomarine

We were your keepers! Hahaha
We mothered you and nurtured you,
Then sent u to do the dirty work whilst we were miles away at sea! Hehe
Ex Fleet Air Arm, Radio, Radar & Guided Weapons, HMS Ark Royal, u know the proper one! Haha taken out of comission 1979 just before Falklands.
thinking-023.GIF
Old school then!!

I

Italy

Didn't use it tho.

puff. converted sigma ... hahaha crazy. 55 years waiting. better late than never. ;)

O

Old Mod

Hey Marc, jumping in here. My dad served on the Ark Royal as well (the proper one) in the engineering I think.
What u trying to say Paul?
I'm old?
Or you're young? Haha
Oh kool!
There were 2500 guys on board tho! :D
Took me two weeks to learn my way to work! Hahaha
If u manage to find out more details I'd def be interested mate! :)

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ask topps if you can take it out for a test run... Return if pants and change for a Rubi (which have been tried and tested)... My cutter of choice..although I am informed by trusted members on this site that the sigma is King!Lol

M

moomarine

Ask topps if you can take it out for a test run... Return if pants and change for a Rubi (which have been tried and tested)... My cutter of choice..although I am informed by trusted members on this site that the sigma is King!Lol
I am still undecided on this and am thinking rubi at the moment.

E

ExplodingPudding

The Topps Ergo cutter is very good but don't make the mistake everyone seems to make of putting tons of pressure on the handle. All it needs is a light tap and you will find it to cut very smoothly. I personally prefer using this cutter as opposed to the Rubi when it's needed. It also helps that you can see the cutting wheel from that little viewing slot too!

H

hmtiling

The Topps Ergo cutter is very good but don't make the mistake everyone seems to make of putting tons of pressure on the handle. All it needs is a light tap and you will find it to cut very smoothly. I personally prefer using this cutter as opposed to the Rubi when it's needed. It also helps that you can see the cutting wheel from that little viewing slot too!
This has confirmed for me that you work for topps!

Reply to Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks