Discuss Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You just login to British Standards Online (BSOL) and use the Library login details I think? Just run a search then for "Wall and Floor Tiling" or "BS5385"

O

Old Mod

Has anyone managed to get to the actual documents?
i' ve registered and got the card, logged in, but can't find the documents, although i've tried to follow the instructions above...

I had to do full registration once in, then go to 24hr library and access BS there, might be under references or something.
If u struggle I'll look tonight.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have to have a look for you when I get more time matey. I'm a bit busy today.

The Newcastle Library girl I was emailing was really helpful. Use their contact form on their library website and ask how to access them. Then copy and paste her reply here! lol

D

DemoXpert

Are you just having a nosey or do you need the BS for something?
Just want it for future reference really... but i think i will have to buy it, as the navigation on the free version (through the library) its awful!...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just want it for future reference really... but i think i will have to buy it, as the navigation on the free version (through the library) its awful!...
I think (might be wrong @Dave might be able to confirm) that if you are a member of Tiles, tiling and tilers: The Tile Association you get them discounted or something? And you get informed of important updates to them. I might be wrong though that might be something else.

D

DemoXpert

I think (might be wrong @Dave might be able to confirm) that if you are a member of Tiles, tiling and tilers: The Tile Association you get them discounted or something? And you get informed of important updates to them. I might be wrong though that might be something else.
if you become a member of BSI, you get 50% discount as well!... i wonder what the cost of membership is!... :grin:

D

DemoXpert

I'd have thought so!... The overall cost is simply unreasonable!!! No wonder so few ppl have it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah.

Which is why I spent a bit of time on it to get what I can FOC.

I know it's a pain in the bum logging in and searching etc, but we can physically access them for free now at least. And that's a massive step for the tile industry. Because nobody else bothered beforehand. And if they did, they kept it a secret quite well!

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a little thought!
With many new tilers having been on tiler training courses and many of them are hopefully members here. Wasn't reading through the BS and being instructed on its meaning and application in practice part of the course?
I can't say it was or wasn't, but it an amount of it may have been discussed during the practical's, remember people are coming from all walks of life and will be more focused on sticking the tiles to walls and all the rest that go's into it than reading about BS.

I'd have to have a look for you when I get more time matey. I'm a bit busy today.

The Newcastle Library girl I was emailing was really helpful. Use their contact form on their library website and ask how to access them. Then copy and paste her reply here! lol

Salt of the earth, girls from Newcastle.... that's a lot said from someone from SUNDERLAND.....

Reply to Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks