Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Hi All
I'm in the southwest. I agree pricing is difficult. I generally charge £20 m2 for walls, ceramic or porcelain and £25 for the floors, I don't charge extra for porcelain. I do £30 m2 for natural stone on walls and £35 for floors. mosaics £45 m2, victorian tiling £65 m2. I always add a square meter for window reveals or niche. kitchen splash back's I normally do on a day rate £135 a day. I don't charge for cutting holes, installing tile trim or siliconing. Every job is different, no parking and 120 stairs to climb with all the kit, or outside parking and the tiling job on the ground floor, some you win some you lose.
I do floors cheaper than walls . It's just they are easier and I get more done.

S

Spare Tool

Every individual job in every town is different..just lost a floor I priced up at £20pm for 35 m which is cheap, 600x600's, could have done it in three days proper graft, but I thought £450 at day rate ridiculously cheap (£13pm) so went in at £700...
"too expensive, my sons going to do it" good luck with that ;)

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Every individual job in every town is different..just lost a floor I priced up at £20pm for 35 m which is cheap, 600x600's, could have done it in three days proper graft, but I thought £450 at day rate ridiculously cheap (£13pm) so went in at £700...
"too expensive, my sons going to do it" good luck with that ;)
Some people don't know what they are looking at, it'll end up looking like a split faced job!

J

Just Rizzle

just been reading through this thread and wunder how some of you guys put bread on the table.
alot of u are saying day rate 120/day and 25/mtr square so the average work you do in a day is 5 mtrs a day.
today and yesterday tiled a bathroom 35 sq mtrs the tiles are v/b 900 x 450 my price for this work is
a 240
b 875
c 40% the cost of the tiles:)

D

Dumbo

just been reading through this thread and wunder how some of you guys put bread on the table.
alot of u are saying day rate 120/day and 25/mtr square so the average work you do in a day is 5 mtrs a day.
today and yesterday tiled a bathroom 35 sq mtrs the tiles are v/b 900 x 450 my price for this work is
a 240
b 875
c 40% the cost of the tiles:)
Call me stupid but does
A = day rate
B= cost for 25sqm
C= cost for vb job

F

Flintstone

I just can't get my head round it, id have 1 day grouting, cleaning up and siliconing up. Have you got a labourer? I can't see how it's physically possible.

J

Just Rizzle

No @RayTheTiler has a big trowel!
I have used a12mm 500 mm double hander bought from tile trader also have a 20 mm and 8 mm one and yes all the lady clients I work for say I'm quick;)
The tile used are villeroy and bosh 900 x 450 so 2.5/Mtr squared onto wedi board walls all plumb and mechanicl fixed which we did on Monday also floor tiled so joint half bonded and follow up walls

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks