Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over tiles primer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

R

Rob Harrison

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all

I wondered what people recommend as a primer before tile over old tiles?

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Thanks

OP
O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Rob.
I wouldn't 'recommend' tile on to tiles usually, do you have a few more details?
Existing tiles?
Wall or floor?
Original substrate?
New tiles?

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

If it's floor and they are not hollow why not?

Primer - mapei eco grip prim. Make sure you stir it before applying. The sand sits at the bottom of the container. ..

OP
R

Rob Harrison

Hi and welcome to the forum Rob.
I wouldn't 'recommend' tile on to tiles usually, do you have a few more details?
Existing tiles?
Wall or floor?
Original substrate?
New tiles?

The existing tiles are glazed and set into concrete onto an island in a kitchen. They are very sound but very shiny.

OP
O

Old Mod

Only a small area then.
I'd try orbital sander or grinder with sanding pad/disc to take off shine and then use a prime and grip primer as described above.
Mapei, Isomat and tilemaster all do one.

OP
R

Rob Harrison

Only a small area then.
I'd try orbital sander or grinder with sanding pad/disc to take off shine and then use a prime and grip primer as described above.
Thanks. I think I'll scuff them up as you suggest and then prime.

OP
I

Italy

Only a small area then.
You'd like to play with gws7 115e-
tell the truth

Reply to Tiling over tiles primer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock