Discuss Tiling onto a concrete screed, but there's a crack by the door.... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Hi, any advice on tiling over a crack 750 wide? Basically there's a 300 resess to the back door and it seems as the builder has patched in the concrete in the small area to the existing original concrete floor after the new back door has been fitted. It also sounds pretty hollow. I know I could use ditra etc but I'm tiling off existing tiles and there's not enough depth for me to use ditra, is there a flat, like 1 or 2mm uncoupling membrane I can use instead?

Cheers in advance

F

Flintstone

Tilemaster anti crack may. I had one similar recently and the builder had put the sand and cement in the channel that needed filling but prep was crap and it was pretty much hovering, chop it out if it is bad and re lay it, worth the extra work now

Reaction score
Hi, any advice on tiling over a crack 750 wide? Basically there's a 300 resess to the back door and it seems as the builder has patched in the concrete in the small area to the existing original concrete floor after the new back door has been fitted. It also sounds pretty hollow. I know I could use ditra etc but I'm tiling off existing tiles and there's not enough depth for me to use ditra, is there a flat, like 1 or 2mm uncoupling membrane I can use instead?

Cheers in advance
use Mapetex

Reply to Tiling onto a concrete screed, but there's a crack by the door.... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks