Discuss Tiling is so great! ...and 'behind the sink' trim.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

KateJ

Today was so much fun and the best day so far! Why would anyone go on holidays where there's tiling??? I cut out my big matt white Ebay tiles around the power points. They are sitting on the worktop (the man in Tile Giant siad it's OK to do that as I can still get a bead of sealant along the join).

Tomorrow I'll get a trim for the wall tiles behind the sink (in the corner) whatever that is called. Topps do a cleap plastic one and Tile Giant do a strong looking metal one ....

I know I'm boring you but this is so exciting for me and there's no-one else I can talk to about it.

d.jpg

K

KateJ

I know - I was advised then then another opionon came along. I found it - it's internal coving. -It's the area most likely to get water damage so being v. careful... Just need to be sure of blocking water that might sit on the worktop behind the sink if I have a lazy tenant (most likely).. Do I need to fix the coving down with sealant? xx

W

WetSaw

I personally hate those worktop trims. There just a place to gather dirt, grease and other unpleasantness and very rarely look good for long. I seem to be outnumbered in spacing off of the worktop but I normally run a small bead of silicone around the worktop before tiling, then tile ( spacing off the worktop :fearscream:..) then a bead of silicone. No worries about water getting through that and no ugly trims.

C

Canyondust

Kate

This nice person at Tile Giant should start up an online help app. He sounds the bees knees

K

KateJ

Well - today I did a grand tour of tile shops and wanted to buy a plastic trim and metal one (and return the one I don't use) but I didn't because....I'd forgotton to bring money!!!!!

So flush to the worktop they went. Silicone in there already and more will be applied later so hoping all will be well.

Tile Giant are the only ones who let me raid their skip and I've got some lovely sample tiles to have fun with (accent borders etc)... xx

Reply to Tiling is so great! ...and 'behind the sink' trim.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks