Discuss Tiling help please :) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Crumbs

Hi guys after some advice please. Im re tiling a bathroom, the main wall is badly out of plumb, bellys in the middle, baths off by about 1.4cms, ceiling 1cm. Ive done most of the tiling accept the top and bottom row, slightly unlevel due to belly but only marginally and not noticeable.

The problem i have is the ceiling is out by about 1 cm. To the left i can fit a tile in nicely but unfortuantely it goes up over the width by this 1 cm requiring a tiny cut, no chance ill get these tiny cuts done. Anyway I knew this when planning, my bottom row will fit around 14-15cm cuts in which ill cut into the bath.

I was planning on cutting in the top row to the ceiling and cutting an extra 4-5cm of each cut so its not flush to the ceiling but is level with the ceiling and matches the bottom row almost.

Now at this stage i wish i pushed the bottom row up more :mad::mad::mad:

Does this sound ok to do or the other option i was considering was turning the tile on its side and doing this top and bottom, i can cut into the ceiling fine then, bottom row cuts will be smaller though.

Tiles are 20cm width by 25cm height, thanks alot:rolleyes::rolleyes:

C

Crumbs

Thanks bud. I know a bit drastic but it would mirror the bottom so dont think it would look all that bad. This is for a bathroom shower wet area. Could you link a suitable product pleaseee? :D

C

Crumbs

Cheers will use coving :D Now just need to find a suitable product. I am a coving virgin. Just standard coving for this and cut to it or is there a better product for wet areas ) tiles you can recommend? Much appreciated :)

O

Old Mod

Tile to full tiles and stick coving on top, no cutting in.
Standard coving is just that. Use tile adhesive to stick it up and put panel pins in joints while it sets.
Paint with a solvent based white egg shell or something similar.

C

Crumbs

No cutting in, music to my ears :rolleyes: Would this suffice for the coving? Its polyurethane not plastic though, so not sure if thats a good idea in a hot shower area or is this what the paint will help with?

http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/supercove-lightweight-coving-127mm-x-3m-6-pack/3518h?_requestid=60209

The rest of the bathroom has no coving, so id need to cove the whole room so it doesnt look out of place, how would i go from the coving protruding onto the tile /ceiling to a wall with no tile or would i just continue the coving and let it bridge back onto the wall.

Do i use spots of adhesive on the ceiling as well as on the back of the coving or some fast grip. Much appreciated :D

Reply to Tiling help please :) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks