Discuss Tiling courses etc in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Happy to learn

Hey everybody
Firstly just want to say what a great forum this is and I love the enthusiasm of professionals willing to share years of knowledge and banter.
I'm looking at wanting to start to become a full time tiler as I was a labourer/grout monkey on and off for a few years.
I never really got further than knocking up adhesives and cutting marked tiles and grouting.
Just wondering what people think the best approach is, e.g courses etc?
Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard matey. You're in safe hands here.

Enevitably tiling isn't like gas fitting or electrical work. Anybody can attempt it.

Courses are a good way in. Check out our courses forum and take a look at our sponsor. They're poo-hot. And can guide you to a NVQ which you'll need if you're serious about it and want to do site work etc.

Other than that it's college which can be a pain in the back side and slow. But it's a route some take still.

Have a good read around the site we have some guys who have done courses, college, and even new formal training at all on the forum who are now the best tilers in the country.

H

Happy to learn

Welcome aboard matey. You're in safe hands here.

Enevitably tiling isn't like gas fitting or electrical work. Anybody can attempt it.

Courses are a good way in. Check out our courses forum and take a look at our sponsor. They're poo-hot. And can guide you to a NVQ which you'll need if you're serious about it and want to do site work etc.

Other than that it's college which can be a pain in the back side and slow. But it's a route some take still.

Have a good read around the site we have some guys who have done courses, college, and even new formal training at all on the forum who are now the best tilers in the country.

Cheers for the help Dan
I'll have a look through the forum and see what people reckon is the best way to go.
I was happy to start from the ground up but just found that people wanted you to speed them along and not help me up the ladder. Got stuck in a rut for too long

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to learn is probably on the job but having some skills first from a course will get the employer trust you a bit more maybe. But yeah you'll always find somebody who just wants a labourer.

Reply to Tiling courses etc in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks