Discuss Tiling Around Odd-sized Tub Space With Ledge in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kevin Hackworth

I'm looking for ideas on what to do with this ledge I need to tile. The space is too long for any tub size I can order so I had to put a small ledge in to make up the difference. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

tub1 .jpg tub2.jpg

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd do what Alan says as you have to think those screws fix the bath need covering, do what Alan says and you have a flush wall so the tile will go them.

S

scotmk

Or just bring out the wall the same width of the bath but up to ceiling leaving the rest and make some recesses for putting things in...

Or the shelf/frame you made at end of Bath should have been lower by adhesive and tile width so tile finish would have been at the bath lip.

M

Martino

Or build the lip up one tile high and 50mm wider an tile it...the best looking end result will be to bring the whole wall forward so the bath fits perfect.....so many options....its like being in subway!

S

Spare Tool

Just had exactly same issue with a shower tray..room 1770 tray 1700, studed wasll to edge of tray out and added a neich for shampoo etc, and it didn't take any more space off the rom than was necessary..
WP_20160401_12_14_29_Pro.jpg

Reply to Tiling Around Odd-sized Tub Space With Ledge in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks