Discuss Tiling advice appreciated for my shower recess in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Steveh100

I have removed rotten plasterboard and plaster from 2 walls and planned to remove other wall plasterboard.
I have bought Aquapanels to replace the platerboard walls and planned to render over breeze block using plastering sand to keep wall level same as outside of shower cubicle.
Assuming that this is a good plan:
Should I use an additive in the render?
Which tile adhesive should I use over these walls?

I have also replaced the damaged plasterboard of the the bath wall with moisture resistant plasterboard and plan to tile directly on it.
Which adhesive is recommended for this wall?
My other walls are painted plaster which i will make sound and use Mapei primer G on.
Many thanks in advance
Steve

S

Steveh100

Here is a pic

Shower.jpg

F

Flintstone

Hello, unfortunately the aqua panel is not water proof, only water resistant, meaning it won't break down and rot, but it will soak up water and let water through it. Your better using a product like wedi board, delta board etc which are water proof. Other option, use your plaster board and aqua board then tank over the wet areas - in shower area mainly, to make the walls water proof.

S

Steveh100

Thanks for the prompt reply Localtiler, wish I'd seen the Delta boards first, they seem cheaper and better than my Knauf Aquapanel.
I will probably get the Mapei Showerproofing kit to tank.
Does anyone know if that can straight on render, and can recommend adhesive for this shower and the green plasterboard walls?

Fingers

TF
Reaction score
if you make sure you give the render time to fully dry before tiling on it and use the primer First then it'll be fine.
I'd go for a flexible adhesive like bal single part flexible - it's got a good pot life and although flexible is not needed for the rendered walls there could be movement on the stud wall.

Reply to Tiling advice appreciated for my shower recess in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks