Discuss Tiling a porch with quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

shogun rua

Hi,

Im Tiling a porch with quarry tiles any do and donts? Im tiling onto a flat
concrete base.
Using flexible rapid set concrete based addy, im hearing horror story,s about frost and tiles popping any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

B

brian c

lucky you getting to tile steps..thers not been a dry day up here for nearly 3 weeks its a nightmare,especially when you have outside work.

D

DHTiling

Make sure your adhesive bed is as solid as possible...and suitable against frost...

S

shogun rua

lucky you getting to tile steps..thers not been a dry day up here for nearly 3 weeks its a nightmare,especially when you have outside work.

Hi Brian,

Im from Scotland aswell mate its dry today for now lol

Cheers

Paul

K

kaharrison9

I started an outside porch around a month ago using raipid flex when the weather was very hot and had to switch to normal setting as the rapid set adhesive was unworkable within 5-10 mins

S

shogun rua

I started an outside porch around a month ago using raipid flex when the weather was very hot and had to switch to normal setting as the rapid set adhesive was unworkable within 5-10 mins

its been not to bad setting in about 25 mins

S

shogun rua

Well here the pics thanks for all the advise :hurray:

ive learned a couple of things on this job quarry tiles are hardly ever the same size :incazzato:

And never ever, ever put numbers on the tiles with a china marker!!:oops:

DSCF9476copy.jpg

before

after (still to be cleaned)
DSCF9507copy.jpg

Reply to Tiling a porch with quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks