Discuss Tiled bar top in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a bit of an odd one, am doing a shop fit, client is having 100 x 100 ceramics on the bar top, bar has been constructed by 2 18mm who play sheets glued and screwed together, no apart from the obvious breakage issues, I am a bit unsure what products are best to use, was thinking of double priming ply then fixing antifacture/ uncoupling mate, the thin fleece stuff first, but adhesive I'm not sure what's best to use, same with grout? Any suggestions?

B

Bill

Tiled worktops loads of times, so long as they are not going to be moved around too much a good quality S1 or if you must, an S2 will cope with the stresses of a worktop. No need for a decoupler.

We used to use epoxy grout on worktops but there some good alternatives around now that can cope with food/drink stuff.

Have a look at the Kerracol grouts.

Kerakoll FUGA Eco Flex Rapid Setting Flexible Tile Grout - http://www.uktilesdirect.co.uk/tile-collections/tile-grouts/kerakoll-fugabella-eco-flex-tile-grout/

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above, spot on. Epoxy is your belt and braces, just make sure they allow it to fully cure before being put into use. Anything that gets in epoxy whilst it's still curing will be there forever. We tiled a chippy years ago and told the owner all about epoxy. We were under the impression he wasn't going to open for a few days. Long story short, he opened that evening, epoxy went a light yellow rather than bright white and has remained the same shade of yellow ever since.

Reply to Tiled bar top in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks