Discuss Tile design software / Tile Design Apps in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Naw none yet, something to do with my Visual C++ but that's probably due to my laptop needing a years worth of updates so I'll need to bide time.
Get it updated and leave it running over night to install them all etc. There hAve been some quite serious security updates to windows this past year or so.

T

Tile Shop

I know I said I would do a tutorial, but so far haven't found the time to do it. However, this is one I started yesterday and finished within 10 minutes of coming in this morning. so probably spent no more than an hour. Again, its basic and so much more could go into it, but it was to show the customer a possible layout for a particular range of tiles:
Mia 1.jpg Mia 2.jpg

O

Old Mod

I know I said I would do a tutorial, but so far haven't found the time to do it. However, this is one I started yesterday and finished within 10 minutes of coming in this morning. so probably spent no more than an hour. Again, its basic and so much more could go into it, but it was to show the customer a possible layout for a particular range of tiles:
View attachment 88206 View attachment 88207
Quite kool!
I was thinking more along the lines of a weekly ezine Paul.
Just a bit at a time.
Two reasons,
1. Cos of the sheer amount of work required by you, I'm sure you're busy enough.

2. So dim wits like me get to try a bit and then practice till next week. :D

Appreciate the first week will require the download and set up process, and will probably be the longest, but after that just enough to progress a little each week.
And then take it from there really depending how far the slowest has progressed.
Or do it on a Q & A after the initial set up.
Just an idea, I mean, you are sat on your arse in the office all day doing nothing but reading BS :D:p

T

Tile Shop

Quite kool!
I was thinking more along the lines of a weekly ezine Paul.
Just a bit at a time.
Two reasons,
1. Cos of the sheer amount of work required by you, I'm sure you're busy enough.

2. So dim wits like me get to try a bit and then practice till next week. :D

Appreciate the first week will require the download and set up process, and will probably be the longest, but after that just enough to progress a little each week.
And then take it from there really depending how far the slowest has progressed.
Or do it on a Q & A after the initial set up.
Just an idea, I mean, you are sat on your arse in the office all day doing nothing but reading BS :D:p

I do a bit more than that........ i drink coffee too ;)

T

Tile Shop

Someone mentioned sketchup in another thread, thought I'd pop back with my latest visual I did for a customer.

This started out straight forward with them sending me an Autocad model of their hallway. Then it got complicated when they said they wanted a visual including the Olde English Hallington design and Paladin border.

Again, if you have the textures to do it, brilliant. It will be quicker as you can just click on a surface, hit the paint button, and its done. But to get a slightly better understanding of how to actually plan out the tiles, every piece you see in this picture is a scale size individual component. Each tile placed piece by piece. took ages but gives you a better feeling of creating something.... like actually tiling it but with less mess. Doing it this way also allows adjustment in grout joints from 3mm on the biggest tiles down to 0.75 on the smaller squares. Only thing I didn't do was reduce the grout on the border pieces. So I kev'd it and stuck a closer in half way down one side (I know..... lazy setting out especially as the hall is 11.5m long). You can see it, 5th black dot up on the left hand side. I also kev'd the outer fill tiles. In just a couple more minutes I could have lined the grout up with the border but my eyes started going funny.

Gotta say though, its a good way to learn the theory behind victorian floor design setting out :)

Olde English Project.jpg

D

Dumbo

Someone mentioned sketchup in another thread, thought I'd pop back with my latest visual I did for a customer.

This started out straight forward with them sending me an Autocad model of their hallway. Then it got complicated when they said they wanted a visual including the Olde English Hallington design and Paladin border.

Again, if you have the textures to do it, brilliant. It will be quicker as you can just click on a surface, hit the paint button, and its done. But to get a slightly better understanding of how to actually plan out the tiles, every piece you see in this picture is a scale size individual component. Each tile placed piece by piece. took ages but gives you a better feeling of creating something.... like actually tiling it but with less mess. Doing it this way also allows adjustment in grout joints from 3mm on the biggest tiles down to 0.75 on the smaller squares. Only thing I didn't do was reduce the grout on the border pieces. So I kev'd it and stuck a closer in half way down one side (I know..... lazy setting out especially as the hall is 11.5m long). You can see it, 5th black dot up on the left hand side. I also kev'd the outer fill tiles. In just a couple more minutes I could have lined the grout up with the border but my eyes started going funny.

Gotta say though, its a good way to learn the theory behind victorian floor design setting out :)

View attachment 90175
Great use of the phrase kev'd it i think he wiuld be proud that there is an expression originating from him .

B

Blunt Tool

View attachment 88206 View attachment 88207
I think you stole that bottom picture from Kevbos! :)

Reply to Tile design software / Tile Design Apps in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks