Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile cutters needed! in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

R

Russtiler

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Not sure if this is the place to ask but need to get some new cutters in a hurry just had all my tools nicked outside chingford gym. Anyone with minimum 600 length cutters pm me for a quick sale! Need more than one and any size bigger than that would be good too.

OP
W

White Room

Heard of a fair bit recently with tools being nicked and not just tilers tools either....

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

It's Mark (whitebeam ) that needs the apology! He's one of these very sensitive types that has led a sheltered life. His post although of no use to you, is just reminding others that there is a lot of van thefts around.
I myself lost a mixing paddle from the back of an open van while I was working on an entrance 10 feet away!
That's when I put the sign ' no tools of any value are left on this van' - there wasn't any left!
Russ I hope someone locally can help out.

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As Dan said, best short term answer is hiring. My main tile retailer (Tileflair) is usually first choice for hiring (about £10/day). Otherwise its into a shop like CTD to buy new off the shelf. Second hand can be found on eBay, but it wont be ready tomorrow.

OP
R

Russtiler

Thanks guys I've ended up just shelling out for new gear and taking the opportunity to spruce up the van and beef up security. Taken it as an omen to take more care in future. The stolen tools will be on a market stall in canvey island by the weekend though no hope of finding the arseholes who did it. Honestly gutted for anyone thats happened to. Nothing worse than having your means to earn an honest wage stolen.

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I suffered theft of an angle grinder and Multi drill (£600 with all the bits in the case) - lifted off the back of my van 6 years ago. Since then all my vans have had high security slam locks fitted - now u need to cut the van panels to get in without a key. Its a bitter lesson to learn. Hope you get some extra work to pay for the new kit Russ :thumbsup:

OP
R

Russtiler

I suffered theft of an angle grinder and Multi drill (£600 with all the bits in the case) - lifted off the back of my van 6 years ago. Since then all my vans have had high security slam locks fitted - now u need to cut the van panels to get in without a key. Its a bitter lesson to learn. Hope you get some extra work to pay for the new kit Russ :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy I appreciate that

OP
R

Russtiler

Thats brilliant thanks a lot misstiler!!! That's a really nice offer! I've managed to replace a few bits now but I do like the look of the Montolit cutters. Just for reference how did you find them to work with compared to the rubi range, and how much £ would you look to get from your one? Thanks again :)

OP
R

Russtiler

Thanks to you as well Gamma just seen your message above. I'm going to look into prices for brand new kit and see what the damage is going to be. Roughly what would you be after for the montolit 63?

Reply to Tile cutters needed! in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock