Discuss Three tiles have fell off, how do i refix them? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
If there stuck on that's it isn't it?
I'm just worried cos I only put the evo stik in the centre of the tile and worried moisture will get behind the grout into the gypsum, is this likely?
The grout i am using isnt waterproof but says suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, from unibond, is that ok? thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you needed to bother with primer when using that glue in a tube, it sticks anything to anything and for this job for you, it's fine. It wouldn't worry. Just grout it with whatever grout you have
I'm just worried cos I only put the evo stik in the centre of the tile and worried moisture will get behind the grout into the gypsum, is this likely?
The grout i am using isnt waterproof but says suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, from unibond, is that ok? thanks
It's fine don't worry about it.

Shall I close the thread now? I assume the problem is sorted. We always close threads here once the problem is sorted and the Gypsum is fine.

Reaction score
tiles.jpg
one more question sorry, how would i grout this bit, would i need tile grout and caulk and if so, how long would i leave grout before applying caulk, and what type of caulk would i need? thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, here it is, says its suitable for tiles. I just squirted a little circle of it in the middle of the tile and the tiles are now stuck harder to the wall than ever. I left a 1 inch gap so that the glue would not squirt out of the sides of the tiles, as I need to grout them tomorrow.
See below, have I done the right thing?
thanks View attachment 89016
You have to make sure when you hold that stuff, that you hold it the same as in the picture on the tube, else it sometimes doesn't work. Did you hold it right when you did it?

Reaction score
It's fine don't worry about it.

Shall I close the thread now? I assume the problem is sorted. We always close threads here once the problem is sorted and the Gypsum is fine.
no dont close ther thread please i put another question and picture in this thread, see my previous post to this with pic with red arrow. thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
one more question sorry, how would i grout this bit, would i need tile grout and caulk and if so, how long would i leave grout before applying caulk, and what type of caulk would i need? thanks
Any you find in your local B&Q is fine usually.

Reaction score
You have to make sure when you hold that stuff, that you hold it the same as in the picture on the tube, else it sometimes doesn't work. Did you hold it right when you did it?
What do you mean, it doesn't work. I used a gun, cos the container was one with a gun. it was hard work and only came out in a thin line.
How do I grout the edges, see pic with red arrow on above?
Do I need to seal edge with anything else as well as grout?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
the red arrow is on the edge.
I dunno how to grout that bit, and i dunno if i need anything else on top to seal it.
the bottom tile closest to worktop didnt fall off so i cant use beading.

View attachment 89020
Oh yeah. Grout it. Or use tile trim. Tile Trim - from ProTileTrim.co.uk - http://www.*******************/index.php?site=2

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Grout it. Or use tile trim. Tile Trim - from ProTileTrim.co.uk - http://www.*******************/index.php?site=2
that page directed me to skimlinks, if I just grout it will it be ok, i cant use tile trim cos there is a tile that didn come off, at the botttom.
When you asked if i held it right, i didn't
what do you mean when you said it won't work?
I used a mastic gun and just put a thin circle in the centre of the tile so evo wouldnt squeeze out of the edges.
How would i grout the edges, considering i cannot use a tile trim?
here is where i was redirected http://go.redirectingat.com/?rdrflb=1
thanks

Reply to Three tiles have fell off, how do i refix them? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks