Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

Rainer .more great work .
question for you.
we have just fixed 60 sq mts Jura blue or grey . The stone has a cloudy patchy beige look in background of stone .i have had this before but client is not happy.stone had twelve days to dry after being fixed with rapid set adhesive .
i have applied a Lithofin wexa wash/scrub which has cleaned some of cloudiness up.
do you get this often as well . I only see this with jura grey.to me it actually looks ok am I think it must be mineral content in stone.i know that this stone oxidises and changes colour from blue/grey to brown tinge over time . I know you use this stone a lot.what is your take on this. [MENTION=31983]rainsco[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rainsco

hi rossy, i always work direkt with clients. i´m not very suitable as a tiler for a architect.

jonny, i have wet spots on the jura on a bathroom. the spots are on the place where the wedi plates are in the under construktion. a kalk-cement render on the edge of the stone for example make this spots too. when i clean up the whole area with möller chemie http://www.amazon.de/Möller-Stone-HMK-Grundreiniger-säurefrei/dp/B009NWU7KE
the area dries better out and all dark spots are away (that was my luck)

there is a cruel method for removing dark spots.. by your own risk. take a finalit yellow spot remover (its for marmor).. the stone gets very bright but the survace is completly raw. its acid. you have to brush then the surface again.

J

jonnyc

just starting a new job.
300.00 sq mts 90 x 90x 20mm crystal bianco marble honed ground floor.
7x bathrooms crema marfill grey light honed 600 x 600 x 20mm and and 600x 600 x20 manhatten honed.
2 x sweeping staircases crystal bainco marble and landing edges .
nice job to get in to for us after a dodgy january.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 017.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 009.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 011.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 63
J

jonnyc

tell you what though!!
when you get big format i am seriously worried about square .
you cant see from the marble laid up to my 2.50 mt straights edge how acccuate it is .
but to any experienced stone/marble fixer of large size pieces 0.5 to 1.00 mm +/_ is concerning .

O

Old Mod

yes local for me.
burwood park. walton on thames surrey
yeah I know it, close enough to be your nxt door neighbour. Haha
Good luck.

tell you what though!!
when you get big format i am seriously worried about square .
you cant see from the marble laid up to my 2.50 mt straights edge how acccuate it is .
but to any experienced stone/marble fixer of large size pieces 0.5 to 1.00 mm +/_ is concerning .
I can imagine, I've experienced probs like that when doing large areas that go around and then meet up again 3 areas later. The guys who cut seem to think that a mm here or there don't matter. I'm sure like me u've been and explained in detail that near enough is not good enough! Haha

i see your PLS is being put to good use!

J

jonnyc

marc . first real time i ve brought her out.
set her up against my two pls 90s and still read same diagonal measurenment over a 3m x 3mt square .
but the beauty of this new kit is that it throws the the square beam out of back of laser on both axis.
i dont think you can get a better bit of kit for this purpose.#
way things are going i will be hard pressed to justify my existence!!!
i only realised the benefit of this today.

O

Old Mod

way things are going i will be hard pressed to justify my existence!!!
i only realised the benefit of this today.

haha oh I'm sure u add the odd idea or two!
I must admit I already don't know how I coped beforehand, and I like being able to put a tape bang on cross hairs. And with being able to mark 4 reference points around a room it's hard to put it back down in a different place and drift off line.

J

jonnyc

only thing i dont like about it is the legs it sits on.
when i mark two points over say a 6 meter run and then try and line laser up starting off at my end , it is very difficult to tap the laser to line up with mark down room.
the old pls 90s i have, i can tap very slightly and get spot on/
think i need to rough up the bottom of stems

O

Old Mod

i need to rough up the bottom of stems

So what you're saying is you're heavy handed! Haha yeah I get what u mean. It's very sensitive, I've been using it on glass mosaic floors and I've had same experience. And on glass so much as a strong wind blows it off it's mark haha

C

charlie1

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Suffering from a very large hangover today, here are some pics of my work I'd like to share. Venetian marble and travertine wet room with UFH.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 98
C

charlie1

Ceramic 900 x 300 on walls, glass mosaics in wet area are quartz on main floor area. The band around the top between last row and ceiling has since been plastered with black Venetian marble but I don't currently have any pics on iPad.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 55

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks