Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

i assume you do plastering too for creating the substrate?

All the steam rooms, ice fountains etc. I do are constructed from pre-formed Wedi and as most are commercial jobs all the main prep is pre-done. I usually just need to scrim any uneven joints etc with the white addy or use thin wedi board to level something off or bring a ledge etc up to the right height for the mosaics, or build up a curve to a suitable radius.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi Peeps

Over the last 3 weeks Ive been working in a new Spa in Cambridgeshire. I started on a central heated bench and shower using Original Style mosaics. We've had to come off the job while the floor is sorted and when we're back it'll be grouted, with Kerapoxy :mad2:. I'd also started on an Ice Fountain.
View attachment 50583 View attachment 50584 View attachment 50585 View attachment 50586 View attachment 50587 View attachment 50588 View attachment 50589 View attachment 50590 View attachment 50591 View attachment 50592

Cheers
MissyT

What a coincidence, I've just been talking to someone that is working on that same job. Is it for a leisure company down in Cambridge.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Yep, were you talking to a tiler by any chance, Gary or Paul? Its a big job

I know both Gary and Paul, was talking to Paul in Cheshire tile studio in Wilmslow this morning he was saying it was a large job and that you were working there. Nice work:)

Last edited:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just finished this bathroom - Italian Casalgrande Padana, Pietre Native full bodied porcelain on walls and floor.

photo1.jpg photo2.jpg photo3.jpg photo4.jpg photo5.jpg photo6.jpg photo7.jpg photo8.jpg photo9.jpg photo10.jpg photo11.jpg photo12.jpg photo13.jpg photo14.jpg

ishi69

TF
Reaction score

Exceptional work as ever John. Nice silicone work too. Started a nice job last Tues with five baths and a big floor and patio. I'll put some pics up soon. :)

S

Spud

Started some steps today I will post some pictures of the finished job when its complete tiles are 4.8mm thick porcelain fixed onto a metal stair case with sand and cement and slurry

Attachments

• 074 (1280x960).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 079 (1280x960).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 77
  • 077 (960x1280).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 078 (1280x960).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 075 (1280x960).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 076 (1280x960).jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 66
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Nice work John:thumbsup:. Gary good to see the old skills still in use:thumbsup: well done to two good fixers:hurray:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Was hard to cut this tiles John?

They are very hard tiles but my DNA blade made mincemeat of them.

Hardest thing was grouting, if you look at Pic 8 you can see the texture of the tiles, and they were a nightmare to wash off.

P

Protilers

Sand and cement....EML..............showing your age Gary!!!!...........hehheheheheheheheheeee....hope you are well mate....Lee

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks