Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ello' all......

me and a few pals have decided that we are going to use and abuse several products that tilers will use everyday!!.....the first one was tile adhesives....and if you have not seen it then check out:

http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout-substrate-preparation/60617-little-vid.html

but the next in the series is INEXPENSIVE DRILL BITS.......

the stuff I use a around £100 a bit in most instances......and so is the stuff Ray and Gary uses......so we all wondered......are we getting our money's worth?.....they may drill 100's and 100's of holes....but there is an investment involved!

so as of today, I have managed to convince Vitrex, Plasplugs and Forte to supply us 32mm (or there nearest equvilent) drillbits for us to test out!!!!!! yippeee......are there any more contenders to be added to the list?

I will have all the bits by the end of the week........VIDEO INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!

hehehhehehehehhheehe

best wishes

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Protilers

I just had a look and "my little vid" has 1,773 veiws since 07-07-2012......not bad for my first post!!!!

many thanks to:

Ray and Ricky (FEET INTERNATIONAL) 0207 394 9468 (Central London)
Gary the Tiler (GB Walsh tile) 01438 729881 (N and Central London)
Andy Carrol (Andy Carroll and Son tile Ltd) 0161 370 0975 (Manchester)
Deanotile (DNA tile) 07813 638 469 (West Midlands)

without you guys support and effort (not to mention travel!!!!!)......this would have never happened!!!!!!!

thanks....

Lee

OP
P

Protilers

Hello Lee, What kind of price bracket are these drill bits in?

Inexpensive........£10-£20 quid I would guess.......not any more! and we are talking 32mm ......... 6 mm from all the suppliers concerened will be cheaper!

Lee

OP
P

Protilers

if anyone can think of any other manafactures of diamond tile drill bits that should be involved...let me know.......I will give them a call!!!!?

OP
B

bugs183

Marcrist they've got a big name out there, rotozip etc.
Nice vids by the way pro!

OP
P

Protilers

Marcrist they've got a big name out there, rotozip etc.
Nice vids by the way pro!

there not cheap Bugs........I am talking.....DIY....throw away stuff....

My set is Marchrist....and for a 32mm its £90.00.......but I use the pg850 set of core drills......gary uses armeg...and ray uses a .......oh damn I forgot the name.....RAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

OP
S

Spud

Duro make the cheaper end of the market drill bits Lee and they make pretty good 1mm thick turbo cut diamond blades too, we could ask them

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

its good when you see the prouduct suppliers standing by there prouducts and sending them for free for testing by tilers for tilers the only real way to answer the questions we all want answers to suppliers and tiler alike :8:

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

there not cheap Bugs........I am talking.....DIY....throw away stuff....

My set is Marchrist....and for a 32mm its £90.00.......but I use the pg850 set of core drills......gary uses armeg...and ray uses a .......oh damn I forgot the name.....RAAAAAAAYYYYYY!
roida

OP
S

Spud

What Is the upper price bracket Lee for say a 32mm core bit, shall we put this at £35 pounds ?

Reply to The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock