Discuss The passion for your manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Always keep your slides well libracated with wd40, every time yoou use it.:thumbsup:

Did you know that wd40 attacks the rubbers etc in the sliding mechanism.....it is advisable to use a silcone oil/spray oil.......cutters will last years...if looked after with the right products......

just a small tip i got from Leecarr@rubi......

B

brian c

I love my Felker (husqvarna) TC 670, the pull handle action breaker is great, and i've not had any problems with it at all, it's not too heavy either. Although i would have probably chosen the Rubi Ti66 if it came with a case :whatchutalkingabout
i have this cutter and the smaller one,also got a ts50 and the Genesis60,i do like the huskys and find myself using these the most.Ihave used the sigma but dont know if i like them,a few tilers i know swear by them,but its individual choice i suppose.:grin:

O

oogabooga

Another vote for Sigma. Have the 93cm job with the push action and klick klock handle. Best cutter I've used. I know a few other tilers in my area use the Sigma pull cutters, and complain about the scoring wheel hitting the measuring guide. I don't know, never used a pull cutter myself.

S

sWe

I used to use Sigma, and they're good cutters. Then I tried Rubi. Didn't like em. Then I bought a Montolit, and haven't looked back :)

N

Nightowl

just 2 be the odd one out :yikes: I have a rubi ts,tx,and the tm, but i like the tomecanic super cutter best . I also have had one of their wet cutter 20 years and its has been great

P

Paul the tiler

SR,

Sigma's the tool, I think any of us who remember seeing the old boys with those scribers and tungston chisles will allways go for the Sigma range, I think its to do with the old "superior" cutters. Trying to convert the youguns to this machine after the massive marketing of rubi will be nigh-on impossible, I would reccomend all see the web results for sigma 3ek, there is a site with loads of mpegs showing what these cutter can do ie 15mm cuts 900mm long porcelain, Go on you Rubi boyz, show me your stuff, now where is that Maxi seperator?????

Cheers:8:
Paul

O

Olz

My huskys still going strong, wouldnt swap it for anything, except maybe an apprentice to do it all for me!!

H

hillhead

My main cutter is my sigma 3B,63cm and a pure classic i think !
i have a 93 3D too and a small monty which i was using today(great too).
seriously tempted for a monty when the time comes or them new rubis look the part too! open minded here:thumbsup:

Reply to The passion for your manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks