Discuss The Motorbike thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

Had many an argument as to which was the fastest....the fizzy or the AP50...
Could just touch 60mph on my AP (Down hill with the wind behind me)..:)

No argument from me, AP50 was normally faster having 5 gears. My Fizzy ended up with a YB100 engine until it met the side of a Datsun 100A.
My Puch Grand Prix Special was an all together different thing!

O

Old Mod

Love that gsxr Marc, a bit like Honda nsr looking.

Here's my first bike and most dramatic transformation. These are very popular now but back then they wernt so. I miss it genuine Honda st70 Dax, barn find. I went to town on it

Wow! That's pretty kool Andy!

F

Flintstone

Cheers. You should have seen me riding it :D
Standard wheels were 2.5 inch I managed to get a 5 inch wheel in the rear, had to widen the swing arm, 3.5 inch front. Front and rear disk conversion, custom scalloped seat I made. Trimmed with half an Italian cow hide. 140cc engine, lowered 100mm all round and loads more stuff!

O

Old Mod

Cheers. You should have seen me riding it :D
Standard wheels were 2.5 inch I managed to get a 5 inch wheel in the rear, had to widen the swing arm, 3.5 inch front. Front and rear disk conversion, custom scalloped seat I made. Trimmed with half an Italian cow hide. 140cc engine, lowered 100mm all round and loads more stuff!
You're quite talented on the quiet aren't you Andy, you remind me of
'master craftsman Will Harding' ;)

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Bought my first bike when I was fourteen for a tenner. It was a Greaves frame with girder forks and a 247cc Villiers twin engine. It would always mis-fire on one cylinder so we took the sparkplug out to reduce the compression and we ran it till it died. Fourty four years later I have a twelve year old Kawasaki VN 1600 Classic Cruiser on which we go to Spain each year for three weeks. I would recommend anyone to ride in Spain not just because the weather is pretty much guaranteed but the roads are awesome and suit all types of riding and bikes. Roll on September for the next one. This makes such a change from talking about tiling and its good to see that so many tilers do have other topics of conversation.
WP_20150816_001.jpg

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Love that gsxr Marc, a bit like Honda nsr looking.

Here's my first bike and most dramatic transformation. These are very popular now but back then they wernt so. I miss it genuine Honda st70 Dax, barn find. I went to town on it. View attachment 91177 View attachment 91178 View attachment 91176 View attachment 91175

I was at the TT week before last, couldn't believe how many different bikes that are out there, unreal. but there was a lot of these type modified. looked cool.

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Doing well Marc. Last went to the TT in 1996 when they used to race in the rain on wet tyres. Watched Joey Dunlope win in the 250 race in a torrential down pour that lasted all the race. After watching the coverage on ITV4 it brought back stirrings to go back to the island once again. Being on the dock side before the ferry is loaded is probably one of the best free bike shows you can attend, from the nornal production bikes to the weird and wonderful one off machines from all over Europe all with one aim, to enjoy what must be the best motorcycle show in the world.

Reply to The Motorbike thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks