Discuss Thank You - Thank You - Thank You ! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have been looking for a new cutter for a while now for cutting 600 x 300 tiles which seem to be very 'Normal' now - I have used a Rubi TS 50 Plus for most of my work so far and it has never let me down so I was looking at a TX-700-N and I have borrowed one a couple of times but I did smash the tiles a bit too often for my liking.

After thoroughly trawling through the Forum for hours I came across a post mentioning the Diatech Scotland shop in Perth (Which for some reason I never realised was there ??????). So after much thought, I have plumbed for a Sigma 3C and 'I AM LOVING IT' :)

With my first little practice in the house with a 600 x 300 grade 5 porcelain tile I halved it again and again until I had a 30mm wide and then, Yes, you guessed it, I halved it again. Unbelievable, a 15mm strip on a 600 long tile - I am loving the Sigma!

Woo Hoo ;-)

S

Stewart

Glad you found something you like...... Diatec is where I bought all my cutters from.

H

hillhead

The sigma 3C is my main cutter and had been now for over 4 years since i upped from a 3B !
I also have the 3D which is 93cm,brilliant too.
Good luck with it,did you get a case with it from Diatech?

Reaction score
No, didn't get the case - but the handle that they supply is very good.

Bizarrely enough, I have had a Montolit 52 since I started tiling and I have only used it for mosaics, so it is virtually brand new - Now it has been superceeded with my Sigma so I'm not sure what to do with that ?

Reply to Thank You - Thank You - Thank You ! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks