Discuss Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I've only ever used tilemaster tanking kit so I can't comment on others but what I am finding it the paste dries so fast on the walls, when it comes to applying the corner tape, you need to really paste up the back of the tape or you have no chance. You can literally paste the whole wall with the roller, then it's dry within 1 min. Anyone else finding that? Yes i am priming the wall first

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually give the whole area one coat then use a brush to run the angles in a nice thick coat to bed the tape in and I use a plasterers twitcher (corner trowel) to get the tape in a nice tight corner then with the brush go over the tape to embed it then give the main area it's second coat but that's just me tho

F

Flintstone

Basically the same as I do that, even with applying it really thick with the brush it dries before I can get the tape on! I have to lay the tape on the floor and give it a good coat before putting it on the wall

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i use the everseal kits...self addy tape onto neat acrylic primer ..then blitz it with the tanking solution ..good gear

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use tile master or mapei or even the ardex I like the ardex one as u can mix it up and apply it with a plasterers float which I'm pretty handy with the ardex feels the most heavy duty when it's all set and dry

F

Flintstone

Just use the Tilemaster self adhesive tape instead, it's great!

I asked about that the other day in the local place and they rang tilemaster for me, the outcome was its only just come out, and it's only made for taping corners when the boarded walls are already water 'proof ' such as, nmp, or hardie! Which aren't water proof really

magga

TF
Reaction score
By the way, their price on the website is the normal retail price, it's quite a bit cheaper if you register a trade account with them.

F

Flintstone

reading that is does kind of suggest it's to tape joints of a board that doesn't need fully tanking! I'm not sure i would stick it straight onto plaster board

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that a couple of times. The bathroom I'm doing at the moment I've lipped it to the top of the bath, then do the tiling, then cut it with a sharp knife right up to edge of tiles, then silicone. It takes a bit of effort to pull it off, but that's a good thing I suppose!

Reply to Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks