Discuss sWe's Tiling Tips - How to Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LJB Tiling

I use a rebranded Collomix mixer. One of the nicest mixers I've used was a Festool. Flex mixers are good too. Rubi has a mixer called Rubimix 10, and I've heard it's good.
Then there's Refina.

Berg mixers are so-so.

Collomix has a brand specific guide on their paddles, which is kind of useful.

Sorry i thought them mixers were for powder adhesives, i thought there would be like a smaller type version for grout, more like a hand held mixer as its gotta be no more than 300-400rpm.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sWe

These ARE low rpm tools. They are "big" because the viscosity of the stuff we mix put enormous strains on them; they need to be powerful and produce alot of torque to be able to cope and not burn out, and that tends to equal large motors.

Most of them have variable speed controls in the region of 250-600rpm. My Collomix does around 180rpm on the lowest setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SnipSnap

... Berg mixers are so-so...

I have one and is very adequate for me and it is very robust. Had it for over 3 years and still performs great.

The round framed paddle is much easier to clean than the flat one; just a quick spin on a measuring BAL bucket (for reaching to the top of the paddle) and a light brushing is all that is needed. :thumbsup:

J

johnnyp

Hello All,

THANK YOU sWe !!!!
So much information and very well put across, credit to you!!
GREAT site, THANKS ALL!

Good Luck
Johnnyp

B

biffboff

Thanks very much for all this info and tips :smilewinkgrin: now if only i had read the last page (where you have compiled all guides in to a PDF) before i spent ages copy and pasting all your guides in to word so i could sit and read them at my lesiure :dizzy2:

cheers davie

F

Falcone

this is an awesome thread!! thanks swe!! your a legend :8:

just what i was looking for!! perfect for a newb!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

S

Spud

read some of this the other day and it has to be the most informative post on the whole forum thanks for taking the time out to write it

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
sWe - Just read the guide to anhydrites etc - great info as far as it goes but I have seen lots and lots of failures using Acrylic primers. Too many in fact to be comfortable with them generally. Agreed many of these issues are to do with application or in cases lack of it. As it is more robust to, shall we say, less thorough installers, I prefer to recommend either water dispersible epoxy primer or even better remove the cement from the equation altogether and use gypsum based addy. :thumbsup: Price of this is not too disimilar to that of flexible cement based addy so I am told.

D

DHTiling

use gypsum based addy. :thumbsup: Price of this is not too disimilar to that of flexible cement based addy so I am told.

But not as easy to get hold of country wide ,off the tile retailers shelf...:mad2:

Reply to sWe's Tiling Tips - How to Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks