Discuss Suspended Timber Substrate For Wetroom? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks, but differently how? I will post more pics as things progress.

See posts #2, #3, #5 and #7.
Looking good though!

P

p4ulo

Lovely, looks like you are working nice and clean too which is a big bonus!!
Interesting that you are going your own way, but I'm sure it'll be fine with the right amount of tanking etc, good work so far!

B

BigSid

Made a bit more progress...

IMG_0184.JPG
Battening back wall so I can screw on the AquaPanel...
IMG_0185.JPG
Fitted a vapour barrier... not sure why...
IMG_0189.JPG
AquaPanel fitted to party wall.
IMG_0194.JPG
Timber frames up for false walls...
IMG_0198.JPG
Some furniture placed for fun...

Starting to look a bit more like a bathroom now :)

P

p4ulo

Oooh lovely, nice different sized feature tiles above the sink too.....
Its a bit dark in there though, have you up-rated the lighting too?
Great work on that floor.

S

SJPurdy

It looks good.
Thanks for putting up the photos. Educational for me as I see that the Impey Waterguard system is a lot different to the black stuff they used to sell.

B

BigSid

It looks good.
Thanks for putting up the photos. Educational for me as I see that the Impey Waterguard system is a lot different to the black stuff they used to sell.

No probs. That was the first time I'd worked with the Impey Waterguard, and it wasn't that difficult. The only time it is a problem, is if you get it folded with the backing peeled off and it sticks to itself, it becomes impossible to unstick and that bit is ruined! The butyl rubber sealant they provide is horrible stuff, make sure you have plenty of white spirits around to clean it off tools, hands, face etc. ;)

B

BigSid

Oooh lovely, nice different sized feature tiles above the sink too.....
Its a bit dark in there though, have you up-rated the lighting too?
Great work on that floor.

Thanks :) I replaced the original two CFL lights with six LED ceiling mounted spots. I think the photo looks darker than it really is. I could replace the LED bulbs with higher wattage ones as I think they are only 5W and can take up to 8W or something.

D

dean mckeown

Hi, Thanks for this post. I am carrying out a very similar job. Can you list in order the layers on the floor. This is what I am thinking but I'm not sure if I need to Tank the floor after the levelling solution or before.

22mm playwood
Priming solution
flexi adhesive
Marmox insulation boards
levelling solution
Tanking Kit
Under Floor heating matt
Flexi Adhesive
Tiles

Does this sound ok or should I be adding the Tanking kit to the plywood with everything on top?

J

J Sid

HardieBacker do a 22mm board for spaning joists so you may be able to remove the ply and insulation boards .

Reply to Suspended Timber Substrate For Wetroom? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks