Discuss Stupid plumbers! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
just testing this, as all the new threads on here are appearing on the plumbing forum!
This will wake em up!

I think @Dan has a problem!

Last edited:
O

One Day

I wish plumbers would stick to pipes.
In the past 10 yrs I've been trading, every single time I come across a "wetroom" (deliberate quotation marks) installed by a plumber - it invariably needs re-doing.
Why oh why oh why do people assume that wetrooms come under the banner of plumbers?!

The heating eng. I work with is a close mate and a great plumber - but he's an utter moron still when it comes to wetrooms. He just won't learn.

I'm sure there are great plumbers out there who can prepare a wetroom properly.
My opinion is that they just don't realise that they are all tilers in the wrong body.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The last bathroom I did, the plumber had left the shower tray rocking, it moved 10mm up and down and he told the customer the tiles would hold it in place, 150mmx75mm metro!.... say out those plumbers.....

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A company I do work for used to have the plumber do all the tanking prior to me starting, I took about four jobs for the gaffer to pay attention to me, every time he had the wall skimmed then the plumber came in and bladdered the tanking all over it.....no primer....I'd go in a couple of days later and peel it off in one piece and then charge him to start all over again, some people learn slowly.

Reply to Stupid plumbers! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks