Discuss Stains appeared on tiles ? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gary b

Hi guys
Ive been doing a job for a friend who owns his own construction business and he kindly let me tile the floor, and bathrooms on a new project he was doing himself. Anyway some stains have appeared along the joint lines on some tiles(not all, total floor about 20sm) ive put a pic up so you can see. The tiles were porcelain 600/600 from johnsons. The grout was norcross as well as the Adhesive. All supplied by the builder. I mentioned about sealing the tiles, but got told no need to. can someone tell me what it is and how to remove them if i can. . I do reckon they needed sealing though .

DSC_1777_zpse6du1xss.jpg

Also in the ensuite the grout has gone 2 colours. I've no idea what as caused this. Its the same bag, same mix, no contamination i know of.

DSC_1779_zpsupxnirci.jpg

Many Thanks

G

J

Jason-OTS

I would clean the tiles with LTP Grimex this should get rid of the grout staining around the edge of the tiles but not effect the tiles at all - Regarding the grout I would say that this may have been made up to wet the only way around this would be to remove the grout and re-grout. You could give Norcross a call there technical department Technical Line: 01782 524 140 they are really good and they will possibly have another solution - It may also be worth considering sealing the grout in the bathroom this will minimise any staining and help with cleaning in the future you can also buy grout protector from LTP or look on my website OTS Oxfordshire Tiling Supplies - http://www.oxfordshiretilingsupplies.co.uk/products - Hope this helps Thanks

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
How long has the grout been in?
Is it being used?
Mineral salts may migrate to the surface due to over wetting ,cleaning off or regular use/ wetting -changing the colour, you will need to test an acidic based product ( specific phosphoric based acid)
1-5 test around one tile with a white pad, flash clean 2 mins and rinse

Reply to Stains appeared on tiles ? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks