Dismiss Notice

Reach hundreds of thousands of readers each month and submit your Tile News to TilersForums.co.uk free of charge! Register to the forum for free, and submit your news today!

Discuss Small Shower job in Birmingham B19 (ring road) in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Subscribe to our newsletter and get deals and discounts in your inbox. :) Click here to subscribe / unsubscribe.
  1. Harry Gallaher

Harry Gallaher New to TilersForums.co.uk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wall and Floor Tiling Job in

Hi Chaps,

I have a small emergency pop up with my property in Birmingham, which currently has a tenant in.

Its a 900 x 900 shower cubicle in the corner of the bathroom with a window recess on one side. The trim has come out of the bottom of the window and therefore leaked. I'll be looking to get the shower completely re-tiled with white tiles, the easier the better for the both of us, nothing fancy! ;) Only up to the top of the cubicle will need doing, and inside the window recess. It should be clear in the attached pictures. A previous tenant seems to have 'filled' the area where the leak is. I hope the pictures are helpful, from what I remeber when I bought the place, the tiles are tiled onto bare tile in places, and the shower comes out of the wall in 2 or three places but the cuts on the tiles are pretty simple.

I have been given a quote from the lettings agency, and upon requesting a breakdown, I was given a very amusing response:
    Shower leak.
    Shower is leaking from the tiles mainly around the window sill - Remove cubicle in order to completely re-tile shower with new tiles.

. There is about £100 worth of tiles £100 worth of adhesive grout and trim plaster board and adhesive and 2.5 days labour as well as rubbish to dispose of.

If anybody can help me, I'll be eternally grateful, obviously any quote is better than the one above! If you're nice, I'll tell you the cost they gave me, and you'll fall over laughing!

Cheers,
    Harry

Harry Shower 1.jpg Harry Shower 2.jpg Harry Shower 3.jpg l

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  2. to hide this advert.
  3. A williams

A williams Active Member

Tiler
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Business Name:
    TipTopTiling
    Hello pal & afternoon :)
    Did you manage to get this resolved? Thanks

4. A williams

A williams Active Member

Tiler
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Business Name:
    TipTopTiling
    Hello pal & afternoon :)
    Did you manage to get this resolved? Thanks

5. Harry Gallaher

Harry Gallaher New to TilersForums.co.uk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello mate

Nothing yet, it's not looking as urgent now, but still needs doing.
    Cheers