Discuss Slippery Polished Porcs in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Had a call today from a guy that has polished porcelain on two shower room floors, he's finding there slippery so was looking for advise on any topical sealers or any coating that might prove there worth.

Just options to give him or could be a rip out and redo with a more appropriate tile.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know my supplier used to do a product that became 'less slippy' when water came into contact with it. Never used it but will find out name if they still do it.

Doesn't make the appearance of the tile any different either.

I

Italy

I used a similar one for shower, a year that works

image.png

W

White Room

Saw the job yesterday and find out there ceramic not porcelain, British gas done the job...the whole shower and tiling as I was informed ?.
It seems the tiles were wiped over with an unknown substance and the home owner states there extremely slippery.
So his argument is for BG to get them replaced or me to do it but if not a non slippery application applied...

I

Italy

Saw the job yesterday and find out there ceramic not porcelain, British gas done the job...the whole shower and tiling as I was informed ?.
It seems the tiles were wiped over with an unknown substance and the home owner states there extremely slippery.
So his argument is for BG to get them replaced or me to do it but if not a non slippery application applied...
problems with BG Sorbo?
BG is the abbreviation of my city ;)

Reply to Slippery Polished Porcs in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks