Discuss slate...which blade to use in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
most top notch blades are not recommended for slate ....so which are ....just killed an ats porc blade on a big floor

P

Pro Tiler Tools

If dry cutting i would go with a Marcrist CK850:

Marcrist CK850 (Best Seller) Premium Range | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/8569/marcrist-ck850-best-seller-premium-range

or if wet a Marcrist CK750:

Marcrist CK750 Long Life Premium Range | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/8785/marcrist-ck750-long-life-premium-range

The CK750 will give a perfect cut as it has a continuous rim where as the CK850 is more about speed through any tile.

Both are awesome blades and come with a 30 day money back guarantee so if your not happy with it post it back for a refund :) (we dont get any back ;))

I hope this helps.

Sam

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Slate is one of the few stones I've worked with and I cut them wet and they were quite easy. Like a soft marble. But when one split if I dropped it or it cracked in the crate they seemed tough but brittle. Go wet it seems to make 'em soft lol

Reply to slate...which blade to use in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks