Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Slate tiles have a white haze and now easily marked by water etc in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Danielle

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

My partner laid Topps Tiles Piscola slate floor tiles last august in our kitchen/diner. Everything was done correctly and used Topps Tiles colour intensifier to finish. It has looked lovely up until about a month ago, I noticed after I washed the floor (using Topps Tiles cleaner designed for slate tiles) it has been leaving a white haze over the top. It is also being easily marked (even my cats pawprints when he comes in from outside!!) I have been super careful with cleaning and have used no other products.

Do i need to re colour intensify it? I was under the impression this would last years!! If i do have to re do it- what product should I use (not sure about using Topps one and do I need to do anything before i re apply it?

Sorry for the long one! Thanks in advance.
Danielle

OP
D

Danielle

Hard to show in photos, but you can see paw print!!

IMG_20170411_081809.jpg IMG_20170411_081828.jpg IMG_20170411_081841.jpg

OP
F

Flintstone

Hello have you got a link to the product you used? Some colour intensifiers are just that, not an actual sealer.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
When you sealed the floor , did it give a shiney finish with the impregnator .
If so , moisture may be whitening / clouding an excess.
The finish should be Matt .
You could test re -activation of the product
In a discreet area test one tile
Add more of the colour enhancer generously , clean over with a white pad ( these you can get from any tile shop)
Keep wet for 6-8 min scrub with the white pad every min
After this take an old white towel and buff that tile fully dry, fully dry!!!
If this removes the sheen and the white, you could work through in small controlled sections 3-4 stones
If not ,come back to us here.
Slate seal will give a very high gloss wet look finish( if you want that finish) , you would need to strip the floor. Dry it for 7-9 days and then re seal

Reply to Slate tiles have a white haze and now easily marked by water etc in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock