Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma rubi or montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Rubi need(ed?) To up their game for far too long tilers were stuck with something that worked and hadn't changed since the 60's lol

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Hi , I'm looking to by a new manual tile cutter mainly for cutting porcelain tiles. 600x600 etc . I have a rubi ts which is good enough for your standard ceramics . Iv used a sigma on numerous occasions and got on ok with it . Just wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Iv just seen someone who bought a montolit master puma looks pretty decent . Anyone had experience with this cutter and how it compares to a sigma . Cheers
Chris, I have a sigma 3bm, my everyday cutter and I have a Rubi tx1200 for anything above. The sigma replaced a Rubi tx750 as I was getting sick of tiles splitting at end. The Sigma is a good cutter and I should be looking to upgrade to the max but as you the monti has caught my eye! I know a couple of tilers up here swear by them. As for the Rubi tx1200 I have recently completed a 80 square metre floor of 1200mm planks and it has cut everything I have asked of it with no breakages, I keep it clean, oiled and always use the correct blade for material and I have yet to find why I would replace it!

OP
O

Old Mod

Might play safe and just get a max 750 :rolleyes:

Use your loaf man, next time a diyer asks what machine, tell em to buy the sigma you want, and tell them when they've done their bathroom you'll but off them, at a slightly reduced rate of course.
A guy did just that recently, he sold it within hours and only lost ÂŁ50, everyone was happy :thumbsup:

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Not replacing the tx1200 tho as that's my party piece on a new job ask the joiner to grab one end of case and lift it in with me then take it out and hide it and run around swinging the case then put cutter back in and tell him to do same!

OP
B

Blunt Tool

IMG_0473.JPG I did think about getting this to replace the tx1200 as a lot easier to carry in van Montolit flashline

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Hi , I'm looking to by a new manual tile cutter mainly for cutting porcelain tiles. 600x600 etc . I have a rubi ts which is good enough for your standard ceramics . Iv used a sigma on numerous occasions and got on ok with it . Just wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Iv just seen someone who bought a montolit master puma looks pretty decent . Anyone had experience with this cutter and how it compares to a sigma . Cheers
Have a look on @Pro Tiler Tools website they sell Rubi, Montolit and Sigma :)

Reply to Sigma rubi or montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock