Discuss Sigma 3B4M or older model?s in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PKH

Hello tilers,

I'm new to this forum - I've been lurking for a couple of days now reading lots of reviews for wet and dry cutters. I haven't tiled in about 20 years, but have a small (but complicated) bathroom to do in the next few weeks. Lots of cuts, with a window reveal (I'd like to mitre the tiles rather than use a plastic strip), and one external corner (again - mitring the tiles if possible). An added complication is that I probably don't have any 90 degree angles between any wall, floor or ceiling! And my daughter's just bought a house, so I suspect there will be more tiling for me to do there in a few months' time. And our kitchen is looking a bit tired ...

I don't want to start a war, but I get the impression that Rubi and Sigma are the most popular manual cutters, with Sigma possibly having the edge when it comes to the tile-breaking mechanism. I had nearly decided on the Sigma 2G, until a few knowledgeable worthies claimed that the chassis had too much flex. I don't mind spending reasonable money on good tools, so I'm now thinking about a Series 3. As I am happy to limit myself to 600 mm, is the Sigma 3B4M the one to get? I can get other 3B models for slightly less, but I presume those are previous years' models, or ones that are not 'Max'.

Is there some new kid on the block from Rubi, Sigma, Vitrex, or whoever that blows the competition out of the water?

So should anyone here present know of any reason that a 3B4M and I should should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I have another question about mitring - will put it in another thread, as it will involve a wet cutter.

Cheers,

Paul

B

Blunt Tool

Hello tilers,

I'm new to this forum - I've been lurking for a couple of days now reading lots of reviews for wet and dry cutters. I haven't tiled in about 20 years, but have a small (but complicated) bathroom to do in the next few weeks. Lots of cuts, with a window reveal (I'd like to mitre the tiles rather than use a plastic strip), and one external corner (again - mitring the tiles if possible). An added complication is that I probably don't have any 90 degree angles between any wall, floor or ceiling! And my daughter's just bought a house, so I suspect there will be more tiling for me to do there in a few months' time. And our kitchen is looking a bit tired ...

I don't want to start a war, but I get the impression that Rubi and Sigma are the most popular manual cutters, with Sigma possibly having the edge when it comes to the tile-breaking mechanism. I had nearly decided on the Sigma 2G, until a few knowledgeable worthies claimed that the chassis had too much flex. I don't mind spending reasonable money on good tools, so I'm now thinking about a Series 3. As I am happy to limit myself to 600 mm, is the Sigma 3B4M the one to get? I can get other 3B models for slightly less, but I presume those are previous years' models, or ones that are not 'Max'.

Is there some new kid on the block from Rubi, Sigma, Vitrex, or whoever that blows the competition out of the water?

So should anyone here present know of any reason that a 3B4M and I should should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I have another question about mitring - will put it in another thread, as it will involve a wet cutter.

Cheers,

Paul
Welcome to the forum Paul, the guy you want to speak to about sigma is @LEE MAC. If you are wanting a good quality tile cutter that is pretty much bullet proof Sigma or Rubi are good :)

P

PKH

Thanks for the replies, folks. Very useful links, Dan and localtiler - should take the rest of the evening to sift through the information about Sigma machines.

I've got the specifications from the protilertools website about two current models:

Sigma 3B4 Series 3 Professional Tile Cutter 67cm 3B4 £207.99 (£249.59 inc VAT)
Sigma 3B4 Series 3 Professional Tile Cutter 67cm 3B4 | Buy Sigma Series 3 Tile Cutters Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/sigma-series-3-tile-cutters/46560/sigma-3b4-series-3-professional-tile-cutter-67cm-3b4

and

Sigma 3B4M MAX Professional Tile Cutter 62.5cm £205.99 (£247.19 inc VAT)

http://www.*******************/sigma-series-3-max-tile-cutters/45818/sigma-3b4m-max-professional-tile-cutter-625cm

So, they are a near-identical price. Main differences seem to be 3B4 has 670 mm cutting length and 1050 kg breaker, and 3B4M has 625 mm cutting length, 1200 kg breaker - but additionally has Max hand grip which can cope with textured surfaces better.

For about the same price, there is a near-identical model on Amazon:

Sigma 3B42K KLICK KLOCK SERIES Tile Cutter - 64cm Cut Length (£259 inc. VAT)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-3B42K-KLICK-KLOCK-Cutter/dp/B01EG6VIJ0

What on earth is Klick Klock? Do I want it???

There are a few places still selling the 3B3M, but for about the same price as the 3B4M, so I presume there are no advantages to buying last year's model?

Is 67 cm that much of an advantage over 64 cm or 62 cm? Particularly as I'm tiling for me and my family, so can limit our choice of tiles to < 62 cm?

Cheers,

Paul

F

Flintstone

Klik klok is the handle, so is max. Different types of handle, have a look on YouTube see which you prefer.

Reply to Sigma 3B4M or older model?s in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks